Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
557 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
Last year we had a pair of House Finches build 2 seperate nests in my hanging planters on my front porch. Shortly after the first eggs hatched, they built the nest in the 2nd planter and we had another set of eggs from the same pair. It was pretty cool. I haven't put the planters out yet this year, but hopefully they'll return. The kids really enjoyed watching the birds from the front window. The male Finch was quite chatty and fun to watch as well.
A friend of mine told me this morning she has a purple finch nest in her spring wreath on the front door. I'll post pictures when she sends them to me. I love that Robin's egg blue!

It's great to watch nature up close!

· Registered
557 Posts
MAGreen said:
Birds are do much fun! We had a hummingbird nest right outside the bedroom window, close enough I could have reached out and touched it. I loved watching the eggs hatch and grow, but it was even more fun to see my daughter, who was only 3 then, get to see the babies grow and learn to to fly. She wanted to keep them!
Here's a livestream web cam with one hummingbird baby. Great quality cam in color.

http://cam.dellwo.com/

· Registered
557 Posts
vsch said:
I love to feed and watch the birds, especially in the spring when something new happens to stop at the feeder. here is a favorite picture of mine from my backyard.
Gorgeous picture and the orioles do like their oranges!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.