Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Months ago, I asked about opinions concerning graphic novels for Kindle. After much deliberation with my team and some research into the matter, we decided to go for it. Issue 1 of our graphic novel, Birdwatching from Mars, is now available for Kindle at a price of $1.29. If you're a fan of graphic novels, sci-fi, horror or just a good old post-apocalyptic story, you may want to check this one out.

I'll be posting more about it on my blog today: www.barrynapierwriting.wordpress.com

You can visit the Kindle/Amazon page here: http://tinyurl.com/6gmlpum

And here is a sample of what to expect.

Some promo art:

How it looks on the Kindle screen:

Issue 1 cover:

Grab your copy or just check out a full synopsis: http://tinyurl.com/6gmlpum

The website for the series can be found at: www.birdwatchingfrommars.com

·
Super Moderator
67,556 Posts
Welcome to KindleBoards and congratulations on your book!

(If you've gotten this welcome before, it's just as a matter of housekeeping. We like to put a copy of the "welcome letter" in each book thread. It doesn't mean you've done anything wrong, it just helps us know that you know the rules.)

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing: be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . .there are details there about how you can be listed so that our readers can find you.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks as always, Ann!

So the first two days of release for Issue 1 are promising...now if I can just keep the momentum.

Within 2 days, initial sales placed Birdwatching from Mars as high as #32 in the graphic novels/horror and #27 in graphic novels/sci-fi for US.  In the UK, it reached as high as #4 and #7 in those same categories.  Also, I finally made a DE sale due to this book!

Also, there is already a 5 star review up on the UK page.

Of course, now that the excitement of the initial release is over, there is the expected deflating of sales and rankings.  If you're interested in the medium or just a great multi-layered story, I'd appreciate your giving it a try.

We'll be supplementing the Kindle version with a PDF and print version, both of which incorporate color splashes and added detail.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I continue to get great feedback on how crisp the images are looking on the Kindle.  It's selling in ok numbers and seems to be gaining a bit of steam.  A big thanks to those of you that have purchased it.

If you HAVEN'T purchased it yet and are curious, I am offering a deal on Kindleboards only for the rest of the week.

If you buy the Kindle version (just $1.29), I will send you the PDF copy for free (will retail for $2.00 when it goes live on our site).  This is full print size with various color washes and added details the Kindle doesn't support.

If you choose to do this, shoot me a DM and we'll iron out the details.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.