Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mom gave me my birthday money early.  I spent half on dishes and just guess where the rest of it is going.  (Hint: Not Barnes and Noble)

I

·
0 Posts
tc said:
My Mom gave me my birthday money early. I spent half on dishes and just guess where the rest of it is going. (Hint: Not Barnes and Noble)
You're buying your mom a Kindle?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, my Mom is not one for "gadgets". I spent two weeks with her and tried to teach her how to use the DVR and she still can not get it.  However, I bought 12 books.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
tc said:
No, my Mom is not one for "gadgets". I spent two weeks with her and tried to teach her how to use the DVR and she still can not get it. However, I bought 12 books.
My mom is the same way with the DVR.

I

·
0 Posts
My mom was that way with a VCR.  "I don't need to learn it, I have you to do it."

·
Registered
147 Posts
I am happy to report that my mom can manuever her Kindle, but won't buy books until I do it for her.  She's afraid she might do something wrong.  Good for me as it's hooked up to my account.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
gertiekindle said:
My Mom hasn't progressed past the VCR Plus that I bought her (hem-hem) years ago.
I couldn't get my parents to use the VCR Plus...

Betsy

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
My mom can't even change the input on her tv. I also have to order things online for her, because she doesn't know how...it got to the point where I used to have her credit card number memorized. lol.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
I replaced the battery in our car at my mom's one time, she told all of her friends, they thought I was some kind of genius...

Betsy

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Aren't Moms great!!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Happy birtday, tc! My sister and family came up here yesterday and gave me an Amazon gift certificate for my birthday. And a bottle of excellent tequila. Which one will I finish first?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Mine is this coming weekend and although I'm going to be 29 my mom still lovingly gives me birthday money.  Hey, I'm not complaining!  I already know where the majority of mine is going as well!! 
Happy birthday tc!!  ;D

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Teninx said:
Happy birthday, tc! My sister and family came up here yesterday and gave me an Amazon gift certificate for my birthday. And a bottle of excellent tequila. Which one will I finish first?
Hmmm if you drink the tequila first, you will either be able to use up the gift certificate really fast through lack of inhibition, or not at all through lack of ability to use the keyboard, depending on your tolerance....

Betsy

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Hey tc, we have the same birthday!  I just added mine to the calandar. 

1 - 20 of 22 Posts