Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much thought, I came to the conclusion that what I really want is the Kindle 3 (I'm guessing.....), but I didn't want to wait til the end of the year. So, based on a lot of research on this board, I decided that the best approach for me would be to pick up a used K1 off eBay at a price much lower than a new K2. My K1's previous owner had upgraded to a K2, hence the sale of the K1. It arrived in perfect condition, and I have already downloaded one book and subscribed to the Financial Times. My plan is to use the K1 to test drive, and then upgrade to K3 when it arrives (assuming it is all that I hope it is).

With only 30 minutes of lunchtime reading under my belt, I have to admit that this device is much better than I thought it would be, though I can certainly now appreciate all of the feedback about the wacky PREV and NEXT Page buttons along the left side. I think I have already adapted to holding the device without hitting the buttons, but there was a learning curve required to avoid flipping pages inadvertently.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi holmfritz - didn't take you long to succumb to the lure of kindling.  When intinst sees this post he will give you some great advise  ;)

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
holmfritz said:
After much thought, I came to the conclusion that what I really want is the Kindle 3 (I'm guessing.....), but I didn't want to wait til the end of the year. So, based on a lot of research on this board, I decided that the best approach for me would be to pick up a used K1 off eBay at a price much lower than a new K2. My K1's previous owner had upgraded to a K2, hence the sale of the K1. It arrived in perfect condition, and I have already downloaded one book and subscribed to the Financial Times. My plan is to use the K1 to test drive, and then upgrade to K3 when it arrives (assuming it is all that I hope it is).

With only 30 minutes of lunchtime reading under my belt, I have to admit that this device is much better than I thought it would be, though I can certainly now appreciate all of the feedback about the wacky PREV and NEXT Page buttons along the left side. I think I have already adapted to holding the device without hitting the buttons, but there was a learning curve required to avoid flipping pages inadvertently.
Congratulations on getting a Kindle!

Yeah, I always thought the learning curve with the buttons on K1 was similar to learning how to handle a new cell phone without accidentally pushing buttons. It didn't take too long before I was in the habit of picking it up certain way to avoid hitting the buttons.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Congratulations on the Kindle 1! Welcome to Kindleboards. You may find that a good cover, like the Oberon, helps in the learning curve to avoid hitting the next/prev page buttons. Be sure to check out the Accessories Board. ::)

And we have lots of good book recommendations in the Book Corner! One book you may want to get right away is The Amazon Kindle FAQ by our own global dominator moderator, Leslie

Betsy

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, holmfritz! Glad you are enjoying the Kindle expeience. The Book Corner is a great place to start on our board. You will find a lot of info on Free Books, Bargain Books and books Recommended by our Members. You can find all you want to know and maybe more about covers, lights, skins and many other things in the Accessories area. Glad you found KindleBoards!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts