Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've been publshing a series of books on Amazon KDP France since last year, and the different episodes of Seasons 1 and 2 of
this serial were accepted without any problem.

At one moment, by error, I involonturily interverted two episodes of Season 2. Three clients weren't happy and as soon as I read that, I uploaded
the good episode, and after asking Amazon to upload the good version to all the unhappy clients, I received an e-mail saying that
the uploading was going to be made during the next days, and they asked me to be careful.

Everything seemed OK but a few days later, someone else from Amazon France sent me a mail saying that the episode had been
blocked because I hadn't followed the guidelines. I don't know if a bot confused my book with someone else's, but I don't see where
is the problem, and certainly, in that episode, there isn't sex or anything offending like that, it's a Military Sci Fi series, for God's sake!

I've tried to have details and asked Amazon to stop blocking the episode because now there's a "hole" between the former episode and
the following one that I had published, but after looking at my book, they continue to say that there's a problem and the book is blocked!

MY QUESTION : Since I can't find what's the problem, should I let them continue to block that book and publish a new book with the
ancient version while pretending in the title that it is the version 2, the corrected one? Will their bots and the person who sent me the email
forget my book and let me go on?

Or is it dangerous and am I risking losing my Amazon published account?
I have a sufficient quantity of 8 episodes permitting now to publish two collections of episodes of 4 episodes each.
Should I preferably publish those two collections with the second one containing the "hated" episode, hoping that Zon won't see that, and
forget me while I'll be much more careful with my publishing quality? (I had been exhausted by my day job, I promised myself to be careful
and to publish only on weekends, when I'm less tired).

Thank you all for your answer to these important questions.

Roland
(alias Lawrence Herbert Tide)

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Probably an error by whoever got your email. Respond and ask what specifically you did wrong. You probably won't get details, but sometimes it happens. Keep responding to emails you get, don't send new ones. You want the issue to get kicked up to someone who will actually look at what's happening and fix it. Generally, customer service for KDP doesn't know much, they just follow their guidelines and answer stuff, often in error.

It's unlikely this would cause account termination. You typically have to do something pretty egregious to get that far.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much, unknownwriter !
:)

Do you think that if, nonetheless, I would publish, once more, the ebook of the missing episode, my Amazon KDP
account wouldn't be terminated?

Thank you by advance for your answer.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Never republish a blocked book until you get it sorted. You need a clear answer from amazon about what they objected, or to have them admit it was a glitch or a mistake. And then you need permission in writing to republish, to send, in case after you republish they still have an issue. Republishing a blocked book will almost always result in a banned account. Be patient and get the problem sorted. Don't go around or under them.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
As K'Sennia says, never republish until you get a firm yes that it's okay to do so. It has resulted in account terminations before (usually with erotica, because when they say no, they mean no).

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

Thank you very much to both of you for warning me, I was beginning to be so desperate that I was
going to publish a new version of this episode 7 without asking Zon, and going to have my Amazon
Publisher Account terminated!

I'll modify this Episode 7 with the limited information given to me, and collaborate and exchange with
Amazon to have more and more details about what's the problem, every day until they give me the go
and they decide to unblock that episode!
All I hope is this episode 7 of the Season 2 of my series won't be blocked too long, because the "hole"
that it represents in that series tends to limit my earnings, while I had already published the episode 8
without any problem, and I've already almost finished the editing of episode 9.

But one thing is for sure...I've already programmed the exit of the former Season 1 of the series out
of Kindle Select (KU), so that I can begin to become wide.
Despite being a civil servant here in France, I appreciate the extra money Amazon has brought to me, but
I'm finding it dangerous to have all my eggs in the same basket. Also having to perhaps modify my texts to
make Zon happy bothers me... It's because I didn't want any intrusion into my creative process that I've decided
to self-publish, not only for the money.

Have a nice day.

Roland
(alias L. H. Tide)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts