Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of doing a blog tour for my books and am wondering how soon should you start advertising... It's not until June 19th....I have a trailer that I have created and wonder if its too soon to post on my website, blog and fb pages.. what do you guys think?

www.shawnarhill.blogspot.com

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking that too, but I didn't want to post it too far in advance and people then forget about it later.. but I think you are right ... thanks Dara

·
Registered
768 Posts
As soon as I had the tour dates confirmed I started promoting my first blog tour. I only had a week of promotion time because I was still confirming dates that late. The next one I'm going to try and give myself at least a month of lead time for promotion and not worry that I continue to add dates up until one week before when I lock down the final calendar.

I also recommend getting the tour hosts involved with incentives for helping to promote their tour spots as well as the overall tour. A contest is good ;) It's in everybody's best interest to have more people involved. More visitors, more readers, more eyeballs on your book and (hopefully) more sales :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
srenae1 said:
I was thinking that too, but I didn't want to post it too far in advance and people then forget about it later.. but I think you are right ... thanks Dara
This is a good point with any kind of promotion. If go too soon and too hard, people will either forget, or get annoyed. I believe the key is always in presence marketing. If you are out there regularly, talking to people, building community, helping to promote others, people will take a looksee at what you are doing.

My rule of thumb is every thing you do is promoting yourself, your brand and your book. List the blog tour dates on your facebook calender. Link on twitter back to your website where the blog tour dates or to your blog where you are discussing different things. The more people see the subtle inferences, the more likely the are to go read and to cross promote.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Here's something from my college marketing classes--it takes a minimum of 3x's being exposed to something to make it stick in the brain.

Target your book tour promotion to sites where your audience is likely to be. Be sure to post reminders on your blog and twitter, probably at least once a week. Third, definitely have a webpage with the full tour schedule and link to it in those reminders. Ask that your tour hosts post a reminder as the time gets close, and if you can, give them a widget/image to paste on their sites where it will stay until the time comes for the tour. That way, their readers are constantly reminded to return for your visit to those blogs.

You don't have to hit it hard and frequently, but a few simple ideas can go far. And June 19th isn't that far away--only three weeks. I'd start talking about the blog tour now and what you plan to discuss at different stops, so readers know what to expect.

Just my experience. I'm on blog tour this week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts