Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I always sell best during blog tours. I don't just drop by places of other authors but also blogs by reviewers and people who blog about some of the themes/genres of my book.

It doesn't usually take me a lot of time to set it up, just an afternoon or 2.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
My recent tour brought in a lot of reviews which was great. But it was a lot of work even with someone else organizing it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
How do you set it up by yourself?  Or is it better to hire a blog tour co-ordinator?  How many blogs would you be on roughly?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I just started my first blog tour. It's a month long with over 35 stops. I hired someone to set it up and it's still work. Lot's of blog posts and interviews to get through, but it has already generated a number of reviews. We'll see how the month goes.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I usually try tours of two weeks, though I'm hoping for more for my next tour. I first ask the bloggers that I already know (since they are pretty cool), if I have a lot of spots left I will send out emails to other blogs, if I only have a few spots left I advertise on social media to fill them.

Until now I've managed to fill most of the spots each time,

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
EdShull said:
I was looking into the idea of a blog tour, but it sort of feels like authors just talking to each other. Anyone have any experience on these? Thanks.
In my experience, that's exactly what it is. I've done half a dozen with two different companies. Not worth the time or money, IMHO.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Cheryl Douglas said:
In my experience, that's exactly what it is. I've done half a dozen with two different companies. Not worth the time or money, IMHO.
What about review-only tours? Especially for new books or new series and/or if you're having trouble getting reviews on your own.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was lucky in that my editor is amazing with social networking, and he re-posted all of my FaceBook posts and tweets since ROUGH MAGIC came out last month. As a result, I ended up "friending" several fantasy-related sites and bloggers. Fortunately (and apparently), my book is pretty decent, and so folks have been enthusiastic about reviewing it and getting me in for interviews, etc. So, it was a blog tour that just sort of happened, nothing planned.

In all, yes, it has helped, especially on Goodreads. Folks see these reviewers marking/reading my book and they automatically add mine "to read." I'm almost positive it has helped sales as evidenced through Goodreads activity. I think the attention I'm getting now will be huge when I drop book two of the series.

Another side effect is that some of the questions I've answered during interviews have made me analyze/clarify some things about ROUGH MAGIC and the direction I've taken. I feel book two will be a much better book because of these revelations.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts