Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many bloggers, I have a rather modest (okay pathetic) amount of daily traffic. So, the other day, out of the blue, my numbers tripled and the really odd thing is that most of it came from another author's blog. This author and I follow each other, but still, I wondered if anyone else had experienced this and what, if anything, it means?

Thanks!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Every time I comment on a blog, I see a great deal of traffic. Especially when I comment on Amanda Hocking's blog.

Blogger refuses to recognize that I'm logged in when I use Internet Explorer. It might be because I'm using IE 8 or something since they have a new version out. I don't have the same problem with FireFox, but I don't like FireFox.

Anyways, this makes it impossible for me to comment on other people's blogs using my account, so I do the "Name/URL" method of commenting. I put my blog as the url, and people are brought there instead of to a profile or anything. As a result, my traffic will spike a great deal on days like that.

And then, my blog traffic tripled the other day. Another author talked about me and thanked me for getting word out about a giveaway he had been doing. It seems that all of his readers immediately checked out my blog.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts