Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started a small blog, and I'd like to occasionally be able to post books on it like we do here (thumbnail image leads to the actual link.

I know how to do it here, because we have the link maker.  But how do we do it in blogs?  I use blogger.

Thank you!!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured out pictures yesterday, so yes.  lol  I am embarrassingly slow on figuring this stuff out-- will try that.  Thank you!! 

For Amazon stuff, I guess I just "grab" the photo, then upload that, then add the link...that would work. 

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
You are on the right track, good work.  Blogs are important.  Try to update at least once a week and if you can do it every day for a while, even better.

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
mamiller said:
I use Blogger. If you look at my blog and see an example of something you have a question about, just post it here. I'd be happy to help. http://maureenamiller.blogspot.com/
I am new too to the blog. BTW, you have nice blog mamiller.

I will not be able to provide help, but it will be very encouraging to you to see the poor quality I have at this time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you're going to post about books on your blog, you should probably become an Amazon Affiliate:

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/

That way whenever someone clicks your link, you can make money. Just don't use your Amazon Affiliate account links on the Kindle Boards.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
My favorite platform for blogging is Wordpress.  You can do SO much with it.  It can easily look more like an actual website than just a blog.  My company is actually switching from just a standard website to a WordPress based site.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the kind words/advice-- I will look at the blog examples.  I'm rather new to reading blogs, so perhaps my writing one is sheer hubris.  But it's fun.  ;)

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
mamiller said:
I think your blog looks very good! :)
Which blog are we talking about. I love to look at any blog that can help improve my blog which I consider in primitive state. I am trying to learn this new internet tool. Any hint helps. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DrDln, I looked at your blog and the content is good but that background is...um...beige.  Very, very beige.  I think it might be better with a little more color in it.  I see your book covers are beautiful and they really call to me (especially the breathen one), so you have a good eye or you know someone who does. 

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
*DrDln* (dr.s.dhillon) said:
Which blog are we talking about. I love to look at any blog that can help improve my blog which I consider in primitive state. I am trying to learn this new internet tool. Any hint helps. Thanks.
I was talking about yours. I don't see any glaring issues with it. I think you have done very well. :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
I started a blog last October through blogger and feel pretty comfortable with the controls.   If see something you want to know how to do, feel free to ask.  =)  It's not a book blog, though.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you!  Mine isn't really a book blog, either. It's a blog about passages, and it happens to be that because I love to read, there will most likely be a lot of books on it.  lol  Lots of changes going on for me right now, and I know enough people going through similar changes that I thought they might be interested.

Haven't written since last week, since we were uber-busy with older dd's graduation and company.  I haven't figured out how to write more while other stuff is going on, but it's just a beginning.

I am still very much in learning mode.  :)

·
Super Moderator
67,646 Posts
gentle reminder:  you're in Not Quite Kindle. . .so self-promotion isn't allowed.  That means, in this case, links to your blog are not allowed.  I've deleted some in some posts.

You may, of course, have a link to it in your signature.

Ann
KB Moderator

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.