Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Many novelists fail to take full advantage of blogging as a promotional tool because they just aren't sure what to write about. With No More Blank Screen: Blogging Ideas for Fiction Authors, there's no more excuse for not blogging! This book is packed with practical advice to help novelists promote their books through blogging. Highly recommended."
--Dana Lynn Smith, The Savvy Book Marketer

Blogging should never be a painful chore.

"No More Blank Screen" contains over two hundred blog post ideas. The blog ideas and questions-to-ponder attempt to cover the full experience spectrum that is encountered along the path to publication and well beyond. Along with the blog ideas, the basics of blog creation is covered, plus special notes on guest blogging and avoiding the dreaded "pretentious" label.

Regardless if you are a new writer or an experienced author, "No More Blank Screen" can help you expand your blogging experience.

(About 9000 words / 25 pages)

$2.99

Amazon Link: http://tinyurl.com/3hugebj

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Krista-

Welcome again to KindleBoards and congratulations on your book!

(If you've gotten this welcome before, it's just as a matter of housekeeping. We like to put a copy of the "welcome letter" in each book thread. It doesn't mean you've done anything wrong, it just helps us know that you know the rules.)

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,36.0.html. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing: be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . .there are details there about how you can be listed so that our readers can find you.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm about to head out on vacation, so wanted to give a heads-up that the price of "No More Blank Screen" will remain at $2.99 until I return to the world of internet on June 28th, where the price will increase to $3.99.

You can purchase on Amazon and Smashwords (if you need other formats beyond kindle).

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bumpedity bump bump

I've raised the price of Blank Screen to its regular price of $3.99. However, it looks like Sony has been slow to update, so you can still grab it there for $2.99, but I have no idea for how much longer.

Thanks to everyone who has picked up a copy!

I know that the sample size on Amazon isn't the best, so you are welcome to check out the sample on Smashwords. I made it a fair bit bigger so that you could get a better feel for it.

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Steve Vernon said:
Great idea for a book, Krista!
Thanks :) I was getting asked a lot of questions about blogging over email and at conventions, and I thought I'd put together something to help folks out who were struggling.

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is a small snippet from NO MORE BLANK SCREEN. One of the problems I have with the LOOK INSIDE is that I can't get it to also pick up a middle section, so that folks can see it's more than just the information at the beginning.

How Did You Come Up with That?

How does your tangled mess of ideas turn into the characters and stories your readers love? Readers are always interested in knowing how authors develop ideas, so share your story.

1. What are your writing rituals?
2. How do you come up with titles? Is it through sweat and tears, or do they just pop into your mind?
3. How long does it take you to write a first draft?
4. How long does it take you to edit a first draft until it's ready for submissions?
5. Do you create a detailed outline, or just start writing? Are you somewhere in-between?
c Krista D. Ball 2011

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You know the drill :)

Just an FYI - there is a 25% off coupon buried on my website for smashwords. But, you have to look for it  8)

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Updated Dec 27th -- Boxing Week Sale. 99 cents! on Smashwords and Amazon (who is dragging their feet updating it, but customer service said should be updated tonight)

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
New review on Amazon :)

I really like how this book is laid out, it has gave me some really good ideas. I never thought of posting my contact information until this book. Regardless of what genra you write there this book will help. It's also a very quick read which is great for a busy author these days.

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sometimes I feel really awkward bumping these things and I can pretend to be all smary, but really I'm just ye ol' bumping :D

and thanks! I would get asked a lot about how I came up with ideas. My blog doesn't get a lot of comments; instead it tends to generate conversation elsewhere like on Twitter and Facebook. I'm not sure why it works out like that, it just does. But I get asked a lot about how I come up with ides or what to blog about. I decided to do the guide. It's not long (maybe 9000 words), but it doesn't prattle much. Just explained how to blog and what to blog about without annoying people  :D

1 - 20 of 58 Posts