Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's been some talk on here about using Goodreads, but I'm wondering if anyone has any insights on whether or not readers are engaging with your blog on goodreads? For those who don't know, you can set your blog to syndicate to goodreads.
I've found that some of my fans chime in on those posts (which is great). But I'm not really sure if the blog reaches a wider audience on goodreads, or if the goodreads community even cares much for author blogs.
I do use goodreads to connect with people who have bought my book and posted reviews. But I don't really go in for much of the promotion on the site (aside from listing a free day).
Anyone want to share their blogging experience on goodreads, I'm all ears.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I average about 4 hits a post coming in from GR to my blog. Since it doesn't take an extra step/work *shrugs*

·
Registered
254 Posts
Some of the people I interact with read my blog on Goodreads.  It takes no extra effort so I would say it's worth it.  I know of at least one author who has more people read his blog on goodreads then his site, which he pays the domain fees for.  I say, why not?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I haven't had anyone engage directly with my blog on Goodreads, but many of my posts on my actual blog are being viewed by people who are redirected from Goodreads. So while it doesn't seem to result in any regular followers, people do apparently read the posts on GR, click to read more and end up on your site.

·
Registered
299 Posts
My analytics say that I get a couple or three visits originating from Goodreads almost everyday. I 'shrug' too for it rarely gets any personal communication from those people. In fact I see that the most visited page of my web site is the 'Comments' page where I ask people to comment on it. I'm the only comment you will find there to this day.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I get the occasional blog post like and comment on GR.

I figure, why not? Like others said it's just a one time link insertion into your profile and you're done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts