·
Registered
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Decon said:
Just thought I would share this article on my blog about how one publisher is facing up to the ebook challenge. Interested in your thoughts on the subject.

http://declanconner.com/2011/05/27/bloomsbury-publishers-surviving-the-advance-of-ebook-and-pod-technology/
What exactly is Bloomsbury doing? I wasn't sure from reading your blog. They're expanding their ebook offerings but what else? Are they switching print to POD only? Are they offering ebooks at reasonable prices? What are they doing that the big publishers aren't doing?

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Asher MacDonald said:
What exactly is Bloomsbury doing? I wasn't sure from reading your blog. They're expanding their ebook offerings but what else? Are they switching print to POD only? Are they offering ebooks at reasonable prices? What are they doing that the big publishers aren't doing?
I think the important point is they are sending out a clear message which the others are not doing, by embracing the new technology rather than trying to put obsticles in the way. They are putting the message out that they are excited about the eBook market that is seeing them change their business model from a local imprint based model to harness the international growth in eBook sales.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts