Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to thank all the KB'ers who helped develop my blurb for the first episode of my serial, Anna's Legacy. I have my fingers crossed the final version works. BEGINNING - Episode 1, and JANUARY - Episode 2, are now live on Kindle and are enrolled in Select. Aren't you glad I didn't ask you all to work on the second blurb, too? (Although, maybe I should have. ??? ) My schedule is to release one episode a month until all 14 are done. I've made no decision on whether or not to consider future bundling, or if it will even be a good idea.

This is different writing than my boomer lit. MC is a 21-year-old girl venturing out of the nest of over-protective parents. It's a fun project.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Glad you managed to get it all published.  I've read Beginning today and really liked it.  I love the concept!

Good luck with your project. 

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sophie, glad you liked it. I've had a few sales and borrows. Hopefully, more will come along with some reviews. Then maybe I can garner the following that will carry through all 14 episodes.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sophie lawton said:
Are you promoting it at all?
So far only on my Facebook author page and a handful of tweets. I'll do more when Episode 3 comes out mid-April. Any suggestions on the best places for a Young Adult serial?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sapphire said:
So far only on my Facebook author page and a handful of tweets. I'll do more when Episode 3 comes out mid-April. Any suggestions on the best places for a Young Adult serial?
I am new to all this but think that Goodreads young adult groups might be a good place to mention it. There are quite strict rules about spamming about your book release but if you gave away free copies in the form of ARCs or ran a giveaway of a giftcard or something, that might go down well. I have joined 3 in advance of releasing my YA paranormal romance and have tried to comment on some threads in advance so I dont look to mercenary down the line!

Also, have a look at YA Bound Book Tours. They have loads of great testimonials on their websites and the basic book tour/book blitz doesnt seem to expensive, particularly as you are building up to so many releases. They can also organise for lots of reviews which may help (I'll leave one of my own in due course!!!)

Let me know how you get on if you try any of this before me! In my day job I work in marketing but for a gaming company, and although I have over 15 years marketing experience, the self publishing book world seems like a totally new universe to me! Also doesnt help being used to having huge budgets to spend and now it's all coming out of my own purse!!! It's always easier spending money that's not yours!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts