Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get into this thread any more--keep getting an 'internal server error' message. I was in about five minutes ago but got bounced out when I did a screen refresh.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I've had that happen a few times myself this week.  Most of the time hitting the back page worked.  The last time I looked at the stats we had added the most members ever this month, and the page views are going through the roof. 

B

·
0 Posts
Yeah, traffic increased dramatically over the last week+, since the e-mails went out about shipping the Kindles.  I have been getting regular (many times/day) DNS errors.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Hmm, sorry to hear that. I've only been online sporadically this week so hadn't run into this.

It is possible it's traffic-related - - our traffic has been anywhere from 50,000 to 80,000 pageviews per day. And 17,000 to 20,000 unique people here each day.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
I've seen it too, Harvey. . . not sustained, just an occasional hiccup.  I close the browser, re-open, and log back on and it's fine. . . sometimes slow page changes. . . I assumed it was due to the high traffic.

Ann

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Not to pile on, but I'm getting the same errors a lot this week.  The most frustrating is when you posting and it eats your post or posts it twice.  Trying to remember what you have said can be a pain.  I figure we have become victims of the Kindles success. :)

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Wisteria Clematis said:
I've already had it 6 or 7 times this morning alone, and got it one more time when I attempted to post this message.
It has happend to me also about 6 to 7 times this morning.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Yeah, things are a little slow this morning.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Thanks all - I've reported the slowness to our hosting service - it appears to be an intermittent thing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Occurred at 07:35 Pacific

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Today is Saturday and it is just 9:45am CST and I have already had it happen 3 times.  Usually when I hit the reply button.  Once was when I was hitting the post button and it lost my post  :(

·
Registered
335 Posts
I've received errors at least a couple of times today...  not to mention a few time-outs.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
KindleKay said:
Today is Saturday and it is just 9:45am CST and I have already had it happen 3 times. Usually when I hit the reply button. Once was when I was hitting the post button and it lost my post :(
When my message doesn't post immediately, I copy it, leave KB and come back again. Annoying, but at least I don't lose my post.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
OK- today is Sunday, March 1, and it is 12:30pm CST.  I have been "kicked out" of the boards 3 times now and unable to get back in for more than 5 minutes.  Are the boards crashing?  What is going on?  This never happened before yesterday....?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Something must have been going on. I had been trying several minutes to log onto this site. I was just about to give up but finally got the site to come up. Glad the problem is over.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I have had trouble too. In fact I have been having trouble this last week. Today I was not able to get on here at all for about 10 min.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I did too, the error message requests an email to the webmaster, but my email was returned to me

1 - 20 of 313 Posts