Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick poll to help decide next cover the Bobarra Austen or wait patiently for Strangedog dark and Stormy night.  Can not decide on my own

·
Registered
294 Posts
Bobarra bags are padded bags, and the StrangeDogs are beautiful covers,  One is a bag and the other is a cover.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Actually, Misty has it right: Bobarra makes Kindle covers. BorsaBella makes Kindle bags.

http://bobarra.com/cart/home.php?cat=251

I don't own either cover you're mentioning, though I've thought about both. There's a couple of big differences I can think of--price being the most obvious, but also the holding mechanism & the quality of workmanship.

Bobarra--more expensive, professionally made, corners for holding Kindle in. There have been reports that their corners do not have the security of other brands, at least a few users on these boards have had theirs slip out. A search on Bobarra should produce some opinions.

Strangedog--less expensive, possible long wait, metal clip & velcro mechanism. Security-wise, I've not heard anyone have problems with these, though the clips leave me a little concerned about possible scratches. I have yet to see anyone complain about theirs, which says a lot. Again, a search of these forums on Strangedog should give you plenty of opinions to ponder.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I love my Bobarra cover!  It's the Thoreau style with and Austen print...a special one that Andrea had available and offered up to me when I was emailing with her.  It's gorgeous...pink and green print, padded on the outside, the front folds back for comfortable, one handed reading and has a brown suede inside and brown leather trim.  It has corners and my K2 stays snuggling inside.  I haven't seen where others have had an issue with the corners on her covers, but I remember reading someone had problems with the magnet on the first round of covers she did.  I believe she took care of that issue for that person.  If you have any questions, you can email Andrea...great customer service!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts