Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, all, I need your combined strength and assistance in order to get a truly wonderful product made!

I currently own BodyGuards Skins for most of my expensive electronics. If you are not familiar with the product, let me tell you they are EXCEPTIONAL protection for your expensive and heavily-used electronics. I've had one on my iPhone for about 18 months now and absolutely love it!

I can throw my iPhone in my purse and have it roll around with my keys and spare change and NEVER get a scratch on the thing. The skin sets crystal clear, for those that don't like the clutter of a DecalGirl skin. The also offer complete wrap-around protection - even covering the sides and corners of the device.

At the moment, they make these skins for just about every conceivable piece of electronics out there, but they haven't produced one for the Kindle.

PLEASE HELP ME GET THESE PRODUCED by going to the attached support page and submitting your request for a Kindle 2.0 skin. The more requests they get, the quicker they will produce them.

http://www.bodyguardz.com/Ticket_New.asp

You can see a demonstration of this product by viewing this video (it does everything it promotes):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm5d3mjAroM

Again, I can't tell you how wonderful I think their product is, and would greatly appreciate your help!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure, as I only have the BodyGuardz skin.  But I can tell you I've had a single skin on my iPhone for 18 mos now and don't have a single scratch anywhere...not on the device or on the skin. (I haven't yet used the second skin that they sent me.)

It's crystal clear and sets without a bubble.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Does this help provide a better grip?  I have a Blackberry w/silicone case on it, but would prefer something clear.  Also, I find the concept of putting any moisture on an electronic device contradictory.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, Ruby.  I was camping this weekend and just caught your post.

It actually significantly improved my grip on my iPhone.  As for the water coming in contact with electronics, you do not spray water on the device itself - only a VERY LIGHT spritz of the inside of the film in order to ease in placement.  It's very negligible and has never caused a problem with a device I've owned.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
stargazer0725 said:
Sorry, Ruby. I was camping this weekend and just caught your post.

It actually significantly improved my grip on my iPhone. As for the water coming in contact with electronics, you do not spray water on the device itself - only a VERY LIGHT spritz of the inside of the film in order to ease in placement. It's very negligible and has never caused a problem with a device I've owned.
No worries, Stargazer, hope you had fun camping! Thanks for the info on the grip and the moisture-can you adhere the skin w/out using the spray or is it a must?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The skin is QUITE sticky and the mist is a must in order to help work out bubbles and make sure it's positioned right.  But you use a very light spray.  Remember...this skin is designed to be applied on many expensive electronics.

As for applying over a DG skin, it would depend on how they piece the skin. The extra thickness added by the DG skin might affect line-up of any charging port holes, etc.  But it might not be a problem if it's cut a certain way.  Very interesting concept though...

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Thanks again, Stargazer.  I just put a screen protector on my daughter's Nintendo DS and it was a royal pain, but there was no mention of spraying anything w/it so I didn't do it.  Very sticky and almost impossible to get every last bubble out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts