Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw on another forum an event called a book bump. Where you get a bunch of people to set a book to $.99, and they all agree to buy the other books in the circle for that day. So 100 books, cost you $100, but... you also get 100 copies of your book purchased.

What are your thoughts on this?

And yes, there's no guarantee that the other people will buy your book I would guess.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
This sounds like a "gaming the system" recipe for disaster.

Also, I thought it was going to be something about "this book is my baby/baby bump" weird thing *snort*

·
Registered
13,316 Posts
One word: URGH!

We get these threads here every now and then and they're usually howled down within minutes. It's tacky, it's cheap, it doesn't work. It's... URGH!

It make me want to go and wash my screen each time I read such requests.

As writers, we want people to buy our books because they've chosen to do so. Anything else is fake and not sustainable.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Dan C. Rinnert said:
I'd rather spend $100 on an ad that attracts buyers that will actually read the book and hopefully want to buy others I've written.
I'm with Dan on this. For the two books that I'm willing to spend promo dollars on at this point, I can get a Bookbub ad for $60 and $110 respectively. I've run a BB ad on both of them before and had 200+ downloads each, so I see better ROI with that alternative, plus a bump on the next books in the series, plus a chance to pick up some new reviews. Much more bang for my buck if I want to spend $100.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts