Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain this to me:

How do you get your book into 10 categories when I thought you could only put 2 ?
Am I just especially slow or something?

Peter

Registered
PeterRhodan said:
Can someone explain this to me:

How do you get your book into 10 categories when I thought you could only put 2 ?
Am I just especially slow or something?

Peter
You just call them, or email them; tell them which categories you want your book in - that's it :)

10 is the max, but they'll hapily do it for you.

Registered
I don't read fantasy, but it seems that some of those "categories" are a little bit....聽 questionable.聽 Do all those "Teen and Young Adult (blank) Fantasy" categories really exist as options?

Most writers have the opposite issue:聽 they can't find cats available on Amazon that accurately fit their books.聽 In my own bookshelf (for books already published) I don't even see teen/YA as a chooseable option.

Registered
As was said, you can choose two when you set up your title. After that you can ask Amazon to add new ones up to ten in total. As you can see Amazon will also add categories that they think your title fits into from your metadata. I had one of my children's books put into "Christian Children's bedtime stories" because I chose bedtime stories as a category. Don't know how they got "christian", but since it was pretty high up in the sales rankings I left it alone.

Yeah, but if you want to change a category that your book is in just call or email them and they change it right away.

Dee

Registered
Jena H said:
I don't read fantasy, but it seems that some of those "categories" are a little bit.... questionable. Do all those "Teen and Young Adult (blank) Fantasy" categories really exist as options?

Most writers have the opposite issue: they can't find cats available on Amazon that accurately fit their books. In my own bookshelf (for books already published) I don't even see teen/YA as a chooseable option.
I didn't check the other genres, but for Teen & YA Fantasy, yes, those categories really exist. Coming-of-Age, Contemporary, Dark Fantasy, Epic, Fairy Tales & Folklore, Historical, Magical Realism, Mysteries, Myths & Legends, Paranormal & Urban, Sword & Sorcery, and Witches & Wizards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts