Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started this discussion in another thread, but since it's really a different topic I decided to split it off in a new one here. :)

I'm working on splitting up my novel In Her Name into a trilogy (for a variety of reasons) and have been playing with ideas for the cover art. Gertie, Theresa, and Chad already had some comments in the original thread, but I thought I'd open it up to general comments just for fun!

For those who haven't read In Her Name, it's a sci-fi/fantasy story, so that's obviously the context of what goes on the cover (even if you don't care about sci-fi and such). I'm trying to avoid anything overly complicated, but here's what I've got so far:

The original cover for In Her Name (which will be the "omnibus" edition containing all three novels that I'm going to split out into separate books):

Here are a few concepts mixing some old and new bits and pieces:

Number 1:

Number 2:

Number3:

Of course, I have to eventually have *three* covers, so the theme should be consistent. Oh, joy!

Anyway, comments and tomatoes invited (if you throw tomatoes, give me some warning so I can put on the Kool Atomic Hat)! ;D

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
They are all very good, but I'm particularly drawn to the one on the left on the bottom.
deb

·
Registered
392 Posts
I like the bottom left too - but it reminds me of Shogun - so my second best of the three is the far right.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Yes, I was meaning number 3.  And I don't think it reminds me of Shogun at all.  Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Hey Mike!

I really like the original blue chick. :D

If you are going to split the books, maybe keep the Warrior and add a representation of Reza as he ages through each book?

Good luck with this.

Sheryl

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Of these three options.... #3 appeals to me.  Ms Blue just doesn't look warrior-like to me and not how I picture the Kreelan gals now that I've finished this awesome book!!

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
drenee said:
Yes, I was meaning number 3. And I don't think it reminds me of Shogun at all. Just my opinion.
I didn't think of Shogun, but Gertie made a point in the thread where we originally started this that the sword on black could be for a book set in medieval Japan (which is never a bad thing, LOL!), and there should be something sci-fi-ish added in. 8)

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sherylb said:
Hey Mike!

I really like the original blue chick. :D

If you are going to split the books, maybe keep the Warrior and add a representation of Reza as he ages through each book?

Good luck with this.

Sheryl
The "blue chick" - that cracks me up every time somebody says that! LOL!

That would be good to have Reza on the cover somehow, but with my pocketchange budget the options are pretty limited. I scoured around some of the royalty-free sites but didn't find any that I was entirely happy with, although there was this guy (seems like a pretty dangerous thing he's using for a back-scratcher, though!):

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PraiseGod13 said:
Of these three options.... #3 appeals to me. Ms Blue just doesn't look warrior-like to me and not how I picture the Kreelan gals now that I've finished this awesome book!!
She's just enjoying a contemplative moment, that's all... ;D

But yeah, I wish I could get a model dressed up in full regalia - that would be cool! 8)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
LOL.   Seriously, the picture did not bring about anything to do with your book.  Seriously.  I promise.  I just wanted to peek a little lower.   :-[

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
drenee said:
LOL. Seriously, the picture did not bring about anything to do with your book. Seriously. I promise. I just wanted to peek a little lower. :-[
LOL! Noooowwww I get it!! I think you must be looking for the Outlander book klub... ;D

1 - 20 of 132 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.