Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a children's bedtime story book for young independent readers. It can also be read aloud as a nightime storybook. The story is about the journey of a bottle. Inside the bottle is a letter with a young girls favorite word written which asks who ever finds the bottle to add their favorite word. The bottle travels to 14 amazing destinations but there is always a danger it will get lost. Will the bottle return to the girl who started the magical journey?
Water World Nature Natural environment Sky
Water World Nature Natural environment Sky

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is attractive, well done. I would suggest you put "Storytime with Dr. G over 2 lines and in much larger size. If you want professional advice for free, this site is excellent and I've used them several times. covercritics.com
Thank you so much for your observations and the recommendation. Kind regards Dr. G

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your thoughts. The font size is something I've been thinking about a lot. Balancing 'A picture says a thousand words... with... the title says it all' is challenging. I'll mull over your thoughts and will also probably have nightmares about sharks :) Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For most readers the author/author name is far more important than the title of a book. You want readers to remember YOU, so burying your name in itty bitty typography is a mistake. And the type of mistake that screams "This cover wasn't professionally done." Typography is just as important as the art. It's part of your packaging.

Other than your typography issues, I love the artwork!
Thanks for the reminder "type is branding." Correct to say the design was not professional and I will take into account your valuable thoughts. Kind regards

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The art is really nice and suitable. Now get someone who knows what they're doing to put proper type on it. Any cover designer should be able to do this for you. I've always been really impressed by books like these done by ebooklaunch Home (I've never used them, they wouldn't know me from a bar of soap and I absolutely have no financial connection with them).
But spend that little bit of money. Please.
Thanks for your comments.
The art is really nice and suitable. Now get someone who knows what they're doing to put proper type on it. Any cover designer should be able to do this for you. I've always been really impressed by books like these done by ebooklaunch Home (I've never used them, they wouldn't know me from a bar of soap and I absolutely have no financial connection with them).
But spend that little bit of money. Please.
Thank you for taking the time to comment and also for suggesting a cover design source. The eye of a good designer would certainly help. Let's hope someone with a good eye on kboards will also give their 5 Cents. Kind regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts