Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently published my first Kindle book, and when I tested things out on my Kindle, I don't see the cover. See here:

Font Material property Communication Device Rectangle Paper

When I open the book though the cover is indeed there:

e-book readers Font Rectangle Gas Gadget

Interestingly, the cover does appear when using Kindle on my computer (image below) or iPhone, or when I open the epub file via Apple Books.

Font Screenshot Technology Elbow Multimedia

Is there something that might be missing from my epub file, or is this possibly just an issue with the Kindle I'm using? (If useful, I compiled using Scrivener.)

Thanks for the help!

· Registered
1,031 Posts
Shows up fine in the Amazon store on my computer. I'm not in front of a Kindle, so I can't check there. It probably will pop up pretty soon. Have you tried refreshing or checking it out on private mode on your computer?

· Registered
304 Posts
I think that a cover of a 'document' doesn't show on the Kindle until the doc is actually downloaded.
If you 'open' from your 'library' & then it downloads (vs d/l then open), that's when the cover appears on the device.
I can also select a doc from my library list, press the little 3-dot-menu & d/l & then the cover appears, even if I don't open the doc just then.
That's how it's worked for me, anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts