Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think?

I originally wanted the cartoon hand in there with the match, but I'm wondering if it works better without the hand. Or if it works at all.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I think it's a cute idea. There might be too much black for maximum effect.

The hand seems a good addition, but I'd make it bigger and lower it, maybe so that it partially covers the bomb, even. And then, as though it just lit the fuse, I'd consider omitting the flame and instead have a curl of smoke rising from the match head. As it is, the hand and match with flame don't quite correspond with the fuse (as though miniature and on the wrong side of the bomb), and the flame seems to compete with the burning fuse.

·
Registered
975 Posts
What's it about?

The image itself is cool, but I have no clue what might be inside. Is it a novel about cartoons? Is it a cartoon or comic book? A hybrid like Roger Rabbit? Is it a history of cartooning, or commentary on the state of cartooning today?

I think the issue I have with it is that it doesn't communicate a reason for me to look, unless I am interested in the mystery of figuring out what the book might be about. I'm not sure, from a cover-as-marketing standpoint, that's what you want.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John Daulton said:
What's it about?

The image itself is cool, but I have no clue what might be inside. Is it a novel about cartoons? Is it a cartoon or comic book? A hybrid like Roger Rabbit? Is it a history of cartooning, or commentary on the state of cartooning today?

I think the issue I have with it is that it doesn't communicate a reason for me to look, unless I am interested in the mystery of figuring out what the book might be about. I'm not sure, from a cover-as-marketing standpoint, that's what you want.
Roger Rabbit. Hard to convey. I didn't want to go all cartoon, because people might think it's a graphic novel, so I tried to combine real world and cartoon elements to send that message.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CarlG said:
I think it's a cute idea. There might be too much black for maximum effect.

The hand seems a good addition, but I'd make it bigger and lower it, maybe so that it partially covers the bomb, even. And then, as though it just lit the fuse, I'd consider omitting the flame and instead have a curl of smoke rising from the match head. As it is, the hand and match with flame don't quite correspond with the fuse (as though miniature and on the wrong side of the bomb), and the flame seems to compete with the burning fuse.
Thanks, I'll do that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts