Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Anyone else here having problems getting bought-for books downloaded today? I ordered two books this morning and neither has been delivered yet. Whispernet is working fine. Both titles show up in my account with a little clock symbol, which I guess means they're working on it. Is it just my order, or are others having trouble too?

·
Registered
921 Posts
try doing a sync and download on your Kindle.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
how are the whispernet signals -- I only ask because a few nights ago (in the middle of the night) I was trying to download a book and it was taking a long time and I noticed it seemed that the whispernet seemed to be having a problem connecting - I figured it was because all the new DX owners were using the lines at the same time (kind of like a busy signal) it did eventually connect and downloaded fine. 

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I just turned on WN and my items dowloaded in under 2 minutes.  Maybe there's a problem in your area.
deb

·
Registered
552 Posts
Only once have I had a delay in downloading a book.  I finally just went to my "manage my kindle" and sent it from there and at that point it was downloaded in a couple of minutes.  I downloaded two the other night and both downloaded quickly.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, all. Doing a "sync & download" worked. Never had to do that before; it's always automatically downloaded whatever was waiting, as soon as I turned on the whispernet.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I'm glad it worked out for you and no problems. I have always had them go through automatically also, it's good to know theres another option in case it doesnt work.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I have never had that problem,but I am glad you got it figured out :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts