It's Book Discovery Day! Twice a week we bring you a selection of books that are newly-published, or that have been overlooked.

Every great book was once a hidden gem. Browse through the books below and start your own discovery!

Book Discovery - newly-published and overlooked books!

Knight Flyers, by Ann McCune
If you fall asleep within a twenty-mile radius of Twisted Pines without a dreamcatcher, chances are you'll never wake up. The locals call it the sleeping death, doctors usually call it altitude-induced cardiac arrest, but it doesn't matter, it's still a one-way ticket to the afterlife.

Liz Lawson always slept under a dreamcatcher. She even had one hanging from the rearview mirror of her Jeep, just to be on the safe side. She had no idea where it ended up the night she hit the moose, but for the first time she didn't need it.

Shawn Ericson, a gorgeous stranger, saved Liz from the monster trying to kill her in her dream, and changed her life forever.
Shawn said Liz wouldn't remember the dream, but Liz al...
Texas Style Justice: A Novel, by Susan P. Baker
Devastated by a divorce and death of a child, Torie Van Fleet rebuilds her life around succeeding in the justice system. Her goal is to work her way to the U.S. Supreme Court. Vowing to do whatever it takes, she risks her relationship with her new husband by refusing to bear him a child. Further, she jeopardizes her friendship with her best friend by competing with her for the first major hurdle toward her goal, appointment to the Texas Supreme Court after the sudden death of one of the justices.

Not until she realizes what her backers demand of her does she understand what an exorbitant price she must pay to reach her dream. Will she risk everything, come to terms with her priorities, or does she even have a choice?

Not Alone: Second Contact, by Craig A. Falconer
They're back, and the message can't wait…

When a massive meteor lights up the sky over the remote island of Kerguelen, the world holds its breath. In Birchwood, Colorado, Dan McCarthy gets to work.

Following his incredible experiences of the previous year, Dan knows this was no natural occurrence. The Messengers are back - to finish what they started - and they didn't come all this way for nothing…

Not Alone: Second Contact is the long-awaited sequel to Not Alone, a multi-time Kindle Unlimited All Star title and Audible.com 'Best of 2016' finalist.

It's possible to enjoy this book without being familiar with Not Alon...
Refurbished (AI Reborn Trilogy Book 1), by Isaac Hooke
Dead before thirty.
Reborn as an AI at two hundred.

Eric lives a normal life. He has a job. A girlfriend. He owns an apartment. He matters.

And then he dies.

He wakes up a couple of centuries later inside an advanced infantry robot whose AI core harbors his consciousness. In industry parlance, he is what's known as a Mind Refurb.

Eric is soon thrust into an experimental army unit known as the Bolt Eaters, composed of fellow Mind Refurbs. Thrown into the latest cesspools of war and conflict across the world, the Bolt Eaters make short work of any opponents. It's almost a cakewalk for the high-tech robots.

His latest deployment is just about to end, and Eric is looking...
Once Friends (LOVE in the USA, A Hollywood Love Story Book 1), by Z.L. Arkadie
LOVE in the USA is back! Meet the Hesters-sisters Sonja and Elaine and their cousins, sisters Robin and Theresa. It's their time to fall in love and Fate has the right partner in mind for each-soulmates these women never saw coming.

Once Friends (Sonja & Jay)

I never thought I'd see Jay West outside my TV screen ever again. We first met when he was eleven and I was ten. Our older sisters forced us to play together while they ran upstairs to make unsolicited phone calls to cute boys. Finally, Jay asked me what was the name of the puppet I was holding in my hands.

I hung my head, embarrassed by what my sister called my perpetual state of geekdom and said, "Skinny Pig."

He...
A Beauty Among Beasts, by Melanie Gabrell
A Beauty Among Beasts is a retelling of a fairytale we all love-but with a few of its own twists and turns…

Taking place in Nazi Germany, the beautiful Anna Klein is always retreating into the forbidden books she hides under her classroom desk. But it isn't long before she understands that she can't escape reality forever. When an unusual opportunity to help her family sends her to work in a secluded castle outside of town, her devotion to her family leaves her with no choice but to oblige.

Anna quickly realizes the mystical castle that has become her new home remains mostly untouched by time, as does Leon, the castle's mysterious inhabitant. When she discovers Leon's life isn't just lonely but cursed, Anna u...
The Maltese Falcon, by Dashiell Hammett
The Maltese Falcon is a 1930 detective novel by Dashiell Hammett, originally serialized in the magazine Black Mask beginning with the September 1929 issue. The story has been adapted several times for the cinema. The main character, Sam Spade, appears in this novel and in three lesser-known short stories and is widely cited as the crystallizing figure in the development of the hard-boiled private detective genre. Raymond Chandler's character Philip Marlowe, for instance, was strongly influenced by Hammett's Spade. Spade was a departure from Hammett's nameless detective, The Continental Op. Spade combined several features of previous detectives, notably his cold detachment, keen eye for detail, unflinching, sometimes ruthless, determination ...
Matchmaking for Beginners: A Novel, by Maddie Dawson
A Washington Post and Amazon Charts bestseller.

"A delightful, light-as-air romance that successfully straddles the line between sweet and smart without ever being silly…The novel is simply captivating from beginning to end." -Associated Press

Marnie MacGraw wants an ordinary life-a husband, kids, and a minivan in the suburbs. Now that she's marrying the man of her dreams, she's sure this is the life she'll get. Then Marnie meets Blix Holliday, her fiancé's irascible matchmaking great-aunt who's dying, and everything changes-just as Blix told her it would.

When her marriage ends after two miserable weeks, Marnie is understandably shocked. She's even more astonished to find t...