Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently enjoying "True North" by Jim Harrison. I live in Michigan and this story is set in Michigan's rustic Upper Peninsula and is what initially intrigued me about the book. The story revolves around a young man's quest to come to terms with the destruction of the wooded UP landscape caused by his ancestors, as they made the family fortune in the timber business. He is also tortured by the terrible deeds of his father and through it all struggles to find his own identity and true love.  Great Book! Jerry

·
Super Moderator
67,556 Posts
gglass99 said:
Thanks Leslie

I was not sure how to include a link. Can you tell me how its done? Is it just a cut and paste it from Amazon. Jerry
I'm not Leslie but. . . .at the top of the page is a "link maker" link. (Right next to 'Home') When you click it a new window opens. You can search for the book at Amazon, click 'make a link' and then on the right side select whether you want a text link or which size of image link. Once you've selected what you want, copy and paste into your post.

Sometimes you can't find the book through the search but, if that happens, there's a link (small blue writing) to the version 1.0 link maker. A little more cumbersome as you have to go get the info and fill it in youself, but it works if the search doesn't.

Good luck!

Ann

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
The advantage of using the linkmaker is that it puts a code in for the affiliate store here at Kindleboards. Thus every book purchased through a link gives a few cents back to Harvey which helps him keep this forum up and running.

L

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Leslie said:
The advantage of using the linkmaker is that it puts a code in for the affiliate store here at Kindleboards. Thus every book purchased through a link gives a few cents back to Harvey which helps him keep this forum up and running.

L
Did not know that - definitely will get books though our links, altho think I have been doing that anyway but will make an effort!

Thanks L - you are so awesome!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.