Kindle Forum banner
61 - 80 of 113 Posts
G

·
I couldn't wait. Started the book on Friday, to get a jump on things. Now, I am over half way done. Loving it. May have to reread right away to do the book club.

Sookie is not exactly what I expected, but I am loving her.

·
Premium Member
63,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Emily, welcome to the Book Klub!

While you can certainly start reading now, the reading officially begins on the 21st.  Robin will post the reading assignment then.  You have a week to read, then we begin discussions of what we've read.  There is also going to be a chat session set up every week.  You can check out some of the other Book Klubs, like Outlander, to see how it's working there!

Glad you joined us.  Outlander is my first book club, The Whiskey Rebels my second, and Dead Until Dark will be my 3rd!  Hope I can keep up!

Betsy

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
efg said:
Are we supposed to wait until the 21st to start the book? Or should we have already read to a certain point by the 21st? This is my first book club.

Emily
This is my first book club too....and I already read the book and the rest of the series.....thank goodness for spoiler block

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can't wait for the book club!  I have read the whole series and I just can't get enough!  I am new to the boards and have never been in a book club so I am really looking forward to being able to discuss my latest two infatuations-Louisiana vampires and my Kindle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A friend gave me the complete Sookie set on Kindle for Christmas--I'm about halfway through the 8th book right now
I couldn't put them down--for a few days I managed to read one a day, though of course I didn't get anything done around the house
I'm looking forward to this book club

·
Premium Member
63,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
derbycity220 said:
I can't wait for the book club! I have read the whole series and I just can't get enough! I am new to the boards and have never been in a book club so I am really looking forward to being able to discuss my latest two infatuations-Louisiana vampires and my Kindle.
Welcome to the Kindleboards, Derbycity, and welcome to the Book Klub! Be sure to head over to Introductions and tell us a little bit about yourself!

Congratulations on your Kindle!

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Dox said:
A friend gave me the complete Sookie set on Kindle for Christmas--I'm about halfway through the 8th book right now
I couldn't put them down--for a few days I managed to read one a day, though of course I didn't get anything done around the house
I'm looking forward to this book club
You got your Kindle AND the Sookie books for Christmas? Sweet! Welcome to KBoards and the Book Klub!

Betsy

G

·
I just finished the book. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Can't wait to talk about it, but I will. I may have to reread it to remember what happened when for book club discussion.
Don't want to spoil it for anyone.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
derbycity220 said:
I can't wait for the book club! I have read the whole series and I just can't get enough! I am new to the boards and have never been in a book club so I am really looking forward to being able to discuss my latest two infatuations-Louisiana vampires and my Kindle.
Great to have you here derbycity - what a way to get involved!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I'm glad everyone's so excited!

Terrified!

But glad!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I found the HBO True Blood series on the internet this weekend and was able to view all twelve shows.  The actor playing Bill kept cracking me up....I looked him up on the movie database..the actor, not the character and he is from the UK.  His Louisiana accent is pretty good, but every time he talks to Sookie and says her name, he sounds just like Elvis!!! 

Just started reading the book and looking forward to joining the book klub for this one too.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Daisysmama said:
I found the HBO True Blood series on the internet this weekend and was able to view all twelve shows. The actor playing Bill kept cracking me up....I looked him up on the movie database..the actor, not the character and he is from the UK. His Louisiana accent is pretty good, but every time he talks to Sookie and says her name, he sounds just like Elvis!!!

Just started reading the book and looking forward to joining the book klub for this one too.
The only problem I have with the accents is that we don't sound like that in north louisiana. They all sound like south louisiana folks! N. La has a distinct combo of southern drawl and a texas twang.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Haven't seen Trueblood, but I have listened to the whole series on audio book and the reader really captures the flavor of the area.

Just a quick question on how the book klub works- Do we check here or on the calendar for chapters and info on chat times?  Or do we get emails?  I'm really looking forward to this one!

·
Registered
85 Posts
chobitz said:
The only problem I have with the accents is that we don't sound like that in north louisiana. They all sound like south louisiana folks! N. La has a distinct combo of southern drawl and a texas twang.
Thanks for the clarification. The only thing I noticed on checking on the actors is that "Bill" actually is from UK and the crazy brother is actually Australian. I just thought they did a good job of covering up their natural accents. Except for "Bill" channeling "Elvis" when he addresses "Sookie".

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Just a quick question on how the book klub works- Do we check here or on the calendar for chapters and info on chat times? Or do we get emails? I'm really looking forward to this one!
Howdy! We should have our own set of threads here (on the Dead Until Dark pages), and I'll post a new set of discussion questions every week. Have you checked out the Outlander klub thread? Gertie is doing an excellent jobs with that klub, and I fully intend to scrupulously copy her example. Word for word. To the very comma.

;D

Also, we will be attempting live chat, so I'll post the times for live chat every week as well. Hopefully it will be fun. I think Betsy is waiting for it descend into complete pandemonium, but I am (insanely) hopeful.

61 - 80 of 113 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.