Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gertiekindle said:
See, I was just going to say something like that but you beat me to it. It's getting tougher and tougher to keep everyone's expectations of the Klub leaders (especially me) really low.
The official TShirt for the Book Klub leaders?

Betsy

·
Super Moderator
67,323 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:

Betsy
My husband has always seen it as his mission to keep expectations low so as to make it easier to exceed them.

And on a related topic, don't you hate it when a store or someone asks you to say whether or not their service 'met your expectations'. That's just silly. My answer means nothing to them unless they know what my expectations were! If I expected squat, anything -- no matter how bad -- exceeds. If I expected perfection, nothing -- no matter how good -- meets.

Sorry. . . .back to klubbing. . . . . .:)

Ann

Ann

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:

Betsy
LOL! That reminds me of something. Has anybody seen the "Lowered Expectations" segment on MadTV? I doubt they still do it; I haven't watched it in years. But it was a video dating service for, um, less than ideal singles. They would have a video of, say, a really redneck-trashy woman, or an incredibly awkward man. Sometimes they would have recurring sketch characters on it. They had this nice, soothing intro song...."Lowered Expecta-a-tions."

·
Registered
326 Posts
Susan Umpleby said:
I'm in! When will we decide on the book? If it is one of the three shown above, it should be soon, before they stop being free.
Hi Susan. I think that the first book is Outlander starting on Jan 5, but maybe somebody else can tell you for sure. I cant remember now what thread that was in.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Lizzy said:
Hi Susan. I think that the first book is Outlander starting on Jan 5, but maybe somebody else can tell you for sure. I cant remember now what thread that was in.
Lizzy, I think Susan may be referring to the free bookklub. It is getting a little confusing ??? but The Outlander is posted in The Book Corner/Bookklub Thread. This was a suggestion about a bookklub beginning with a free book and escalating in price until it reaches 9.99. Is that clear as mud? ;) I think Betsy has planned to do some clean up work on this thread. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Lizzy said:
We moved it up to 12/29. Everyone (including me) was very anxious to start.

·
Super Moderator
67,323 Posts
Betsy!  Hey Betsy!

Can you put the dates on the calendar for the various book club books?

Ann

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm going to put the dates on the Calendar. They are also, for the ones we have firm dates on, in the Book Club sticky
http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,1097.0.html

Do me a favor, take a deep breath, everyone.

No date has been decided on the Free Books Club. We don't have a book. We don't really have a format--there's been one proposal for the escalating price book club, but I've also had people indicate they just want a free book club.

I don't have a leader confirmed. LDB volunteered then stepped back when Nebulinda said she wouldn't mind doing a club. Nebulinda? Are you game? (Note that this isn't for all the books in the book club, just the first one. We'll worry about later ones later.

I was thinking of starting this maybe the third week in January to give us time to set it up. Obviously, we can pick a book more quickly to take advantage of free books, but we don't have to start the club right away. Plus, there are a LOT of free books around.

Also, it's the holidays. Kinda busy for the next few days...

Working on a commission quilt right now, will work on the Calendar and some threads in the wee hours when I'm too tired to quilt.

Back in a bit!

Betsy

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hi Betsy. I have a question and i dont know if your already planning it or not. I was thinking that it would be nice to have a book klub board of its own where all the threads can stay and people who read a book later on can check out how the discussion for the book went. That way they wouldnt have to weed thru all the other posts to find book klub threads. Is that possible?

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Lizzy said:
Sorry. Thank you for the explanation. Im still pretty new here and all these book klub threads are mixing me up. ;D

Thank you! I just bought Outlander so i'll be ready to go.
Lizzy I have been here 2 months and still get mixed up! ;D Good thing about being here there is always a Kindle buddy to help you out.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Lizzy I have been here 2 months and still get mixed up! ;D Good thing about being here there is always a Kindle buddy to help you out.
Your right and I really appreciate it. Thanks!!! :)

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lizzy said:
Hi Betsy. I have a question and i dont know if your already planning it or not. I was thinking that it would be nice to have a book klub board of its own where all the threads can stay and people who read a book later on can check out how the discussion for the book went. That way they wouldnt have to weed thru all the other posts to find book klub threads. Is that possible?
Lizzy, it's a great idea, and we're working on it...stay tuned!

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts