Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Outlander Book Klub will begin Dec 29th.  Leader Gertie will post her schedule and the first meeting with questions will be on Jan 5th!

Woohoo!

Betsy

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have that book in my pre-order pile.. and I should (fingers,eyes, and toes crossed) get my Kindle Monday.. So I'll be ready set go!!  Waahooo!!!

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Outlander Book Klub will begin Dec 29th. Leader Gertie will post her schedule and the first meeting with questions will be on Jan 5th!

Woohoo!

Betsy
So, are you going to set up a sub-forum or something for this? I can't remember what (if anything) was ever decided on organizing the clubs?? :)

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We're planning on sub-fora.  The mods are having secret mod meetings with Harvey.  I could tell you about it but then I'd have to kill you.

Betsy

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Got my book and ready to start! I have missed being in a book club... this will be my first to try one online!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Me, too!

Really looking forward to all of them.

Maybe they will help me to spend a bit less time posting and more time reading, LOL  ;D

Marci

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
We're starting a week from Monday.  Finally, it's almost here.  I recently finished two books (5:00 this morning) and the temptation to move on to Outlander is almost overwhelming.  But I'm the leader and I must be strong. 

·
Registered
455 Posts
Gertie....I have a confession....I read the first 5 chapters. I couldn't wait. :( I also finished a book and Outlander just grabbed me and pulled me in. But I did stop at 5! That's showing some restraint, right? Right? :D

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
ScrappingForever said:
Gertie....I have a confession....I read the first 5 chapters. I couldn't wait. :( I also finished a book and Outlander just grabbed me and pulled me in. But I did stop at 5! That's showing some restraint, right? Right? :D
I don't see how you can stop at five chapters. Maybe you ought to distract yourself with another book. I'd recommend In Her Name by some guy who likes Kevlar and beer.

Anne said:
I am tempted to start too. I have 5 days off coming up. I am off Dec 24,25,26,27,28,.
And you haven't even read the book, yet. Those of us who have read it and love it will tell you if it grabs you, you won't want to stop.

farmwife99 said:
Download complete so I'm ready also......
Can't you feel the excitement in the air??
Yeah, I felt it, but I thought it was the Everglades burning again. I know I'm fired up.

I sure hope that everyone who hasn't read the book won't be disappointed by the ravings of those of us who love it.

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
I don't think anyone ever said you weren't allowed to start reading until then :) . . .that's just the official start date and discussion starts the next week. I say, read when you have the opportunity: you don't know when the next opportunity will be. (kind of like finding a toilet. . . .)

Ann

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Ann Von Hagel said:
I don't think anyone ever said you weren't allowed to start reading until then :) . . .that's just the official start date and discussion starts the next week. I say, read when you have the opportunity: you don't know when the next opportunity will be. (kind of like finding a toilet. . . .)

Ann
That is true I could start early. I may read a little bit on the 26. I am usually tired that day and I love to take it easy and read. I do not want to get to far ahead. I will just have to remember to highllght so I can find what I want to discuss.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Nine days and counting - I can't wait. I have been trying to read other things and make myself wait. I am off next week, so I hope I can stay strong.

·
Registered
384 Posts
;D You guys are such enablers.  ;D

I cannot believe it is almost time to start.  I just emailed our local DTB store and hopefully they have it in stock or will be able to import it in time for me to get the required reading in.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts