Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[size=10pt]quoted from Gertie's initial post in the Kickoff thread:[/size]

Finally, at long last, here we are. The very beginning of the very first Kindleboards Book Klubs; Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.

There have been a lot of questions asked and answered over the last several weeks. Betsy has gone over the general rules and guidelines for all the Klubs (please make special note of Robin's Rule). :-\

I'll just add a few things here. We'll be reading and talking about five chapters a week. There are 41 chapters, so the Klub will run for eight weeks. The last chapter is very short and will be included in the last week (6 chapters).

Betsy has mentioned this before, but I'd like to remind y'all that we will be sticking to the current chapter set in each weeks discussion. If you come late to the party, please catch up and join us in our current discussion.

The questions I will be posting are to aid in starting the discussion. You may discuss any point outside the questions as long as you stay within the current chapters. You may choose not to answer the questions, but instead respond to someone else's answers.

The hardest rule for many of us to follow will be avoiding spoilers. I've read the books so many times, it's going to be hard to keep from saying things like, "Yeah, but wait until you see what Claire does next." I'll be reading my responses carefully before posting them to make sure I don't spoil for the newbies.

Speaking of the newbies, consider this a content warning. Outlander contains violence, corporal punishment, graphic sex, profanity, rape ... and a lot of love and humor. My best advice to those of you who haven't read it is read what is comfortable for you, skip what isn't, or even stop reading if you don't like it. I'm adding this caveat because I never knew until recently there were people in the world who didn't like Outlander or found parts of it offensive. I'm confident that most of you will like it.

That being said, please feel free to post about what you don't like as well as what you do. It's all part of the discussion. I won't be insulted ... I'll just lock myself in the closet with my DTV and never come out. :'(

Just to get an idea of who is going to be joining us, please reply with "here," "yo," "hey, y'all," or the regional response of your choice.

Ready, set,

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Each week, Gertie and I will post the current reading assignment here, so you can always check for the latest info here.

Betsy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.