Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had their book disappear from the Sony Store this week? I publish to them through Smashwords. A few days ago I checked to see if my second book had been listed yet and not only is that book not there but my first book disappeared. I recently made a price change on the first book and that had just gone through within the last week but now the book is gone completely.

Not sure what's going on... I'm waiting to hear back from Smashwords so I just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I can't wait to see your responses...I have issues with the Smashwords to Sony interstate route as well.  Like never getting it to up and going up in the wrong category. I do know writing Smashwords is not a way to correct it.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
All of mine have disappeared three days ago. I thought that it was because I had asked Smashwords to update the covers, but now I'm getting anxious.  :(

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've never had an issue before. Yes, it did take a while for the book to finally get listed but I've never had an issue like this, or the other ones you mentioned, before.

So, not really sure what's going on :-/

What did you do to fix the issues with Sony?

(Actually, I'm having the most issues with Apple right now. Another first for me. Going on 3 weeks since I made a price change and uploaded a new book and neither has been reflected on Apple yet. Smashwords reshipped the price change and other book for me earlier this week but nothing yet...)

Nathalie Hamidi said:
All of mine have disappeared three days ago. I thought that it was because I had asked Smashwords to update the covers, but now I'm getting anxious. :(
I changed my price and it had just gone through but then the book disappeared. I think it was about 3 days ago as well...

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Same issue here. I did a price change, it went through, then the whole listing disappeared. I wrote to Smashwords about it but didn't hear back yet. But I'm sure they're well aware of it by now.

Joyce

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Todd Young said:
Yes, mine disappeared as well. I was waiting for my new book to show up, and instead I've been removed from the store entirely.
Joyce DeBacco said:
Same issue here. I did a price change, it went through, then the whole listing disappeared. I wrote to Smashwords about it but didn't hear back yet. But I'm sure they're well aware of it by now.
Exactly what happened here.

Another somewhat related distribution question then: Anyone else experiencing a lengthy delay with Apple price updates and new books being listed?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts