Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When a published book goes "live" on Kindle does the book preview feature show up right away or is there usually a waiting period before customers can click on the book cover and read the sample?

Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C3SFPX4

I just published my book Hearts in the City, to Kindle last evening and got an email this morning telling me it is now available for customers to purchase but when I click the book cover, it just opens the book cover image in another window and no preview. Forgive me if this is a silly question...I'm a self-published virgin here so I don't know if this is normal or not.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mackenzie Morgan said:
It usually takes a while for everything to be functional. I wouldn't worry at this point. If the preview isn't operational in a day or so, e-mail KDP support and ask them to check on it. They've always been helpful when I've contacted them.

Best of luck with your book.
Great. That makes me feel better. I was worried there might be some sort of an issue. And thanks for the good luck wishes. This is actually a republication of the book. It was previously published with a small digital press, but the contract rights were returned to me. One of my biggest concerns about the preview not showing up as yet is because I put a disclaimer at the beginning of the book letting people know it was a republication under a new title so as not to piss anyone off who may have purchased it when it was previously published. Since the preview is not yet available, I am worried customers won't know this an mistakenly purchase it again, unaware that it was published before.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Patty Jansen said:
Nope. I bet you use IE10. I have the same problem for all books. Other people, apparently, can see more of the sample.
I actually use Chrome. Tried it in Firefox and still the same thing.

Also, I just realized that there's no word count for the book. I must have missed doing this somehow. How would I go about specifying the word count after the fact?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts