Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm Thomas and I'm new here. I would like some input on book pricing. What do you all charge per ebook and per paperback book. I have a poetry book which is 116 pages, or about 9,600 words and I will soon be releasing a longer book of 130,000 words or 416 pages. Where would you price these? I'm in KDP select too. I assume lower is better, but I need to buy ads to get my books noticed, so it becomes really tough to ever make any money at this (not that I expect a lot, but would like to be cashflow positive on this effort). Thanks.

Here is my poetry listing:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CCLHHKP

·
Registered
58 Posts
Matching the price of your competition is a good strategy, because their prices are what readers of that genre expect to pay.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Agreed, see what's being charged for other books in your genre/category that have a similar page count.  Also, look into running with Kindle Unlimited -- I've made more money there with my first book that I have with actual sales.

·
Registered
12,227 Posts
Personally, I charge $3.99-$5.99 for most ebooks ($2.99 for really old ones). I charge $9.99 for paperbacks. But mine aren't poetry. As others have said, look at the top sellers in poetry and see how they're pricing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts