Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you pre-order a Kindle edition of a book, how does that work?  Is it automatically put into your Kindle "cache" when it becomes available?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
It is supposed to automatically download when it becomes available.  So far I've had it work only sporadically.  Sometimes it downloads and sometimes it show processing and never downloads. Then you have to call customer service to cancel it and reorder it.  I now just wait until it becomes available. :)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Is it me, or is Amazon getting better at listing Pre-Orders and new releases for Kindle books?  ;D I had to add a page to my website because I started finding so many.  Still a ways to go, but nice job!

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Jesslyn said:
Is it me, or is Amazon getting better at listing Pre-Orders and new releases for Kindle books? ;D I had to add a page to my website because I started finding so many. Still a ways to go, but nice job!
I think so. I also haven't heard as many complaints like Gables Girl mentioned lately, despite the increasing number of pre-orders available. Hopefully amazon has worked out the kinks.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I have not seen prices listed for the pre-orders.  Am I missing them?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Actually if the price drops after you pre-order then you have to cancel your order and then re-order to get the lower price. I had this happen where I pre-ordered a book at $6.39 and the price dropped to $5.59 before the release. I called customer service and they stated I would be charged the $6.39 as that was the price when I pre-ordered it. They told me if I wanted the lower price I had to go in and cancel on my Kindle account page and then just click pre-order again with new price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts