Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has Book Report has suddenly stopped showing pagereads and KU royalties for everyone or just me?  :)

·
Registered
935 Posts
Same here. They were there at five o'clock this morning and disappeared shortly after. The whole of this month's has gone, though last month's are still showing. Bizarre.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My book report has got certain bits missing, it's been registering one of my paperbacks at zero sales ever for a few weeks. Glad to hear I'm not alone in experiencing this.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yup - and I just paid for a year of it after several billing issues.

KU doesn't appear to be showing post Dec 28th 2020.

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
A. N. Other Author said:
Yes, Amazon must have changed something. They'll pick it back up soon enough. They usually do.
Amazon reports are still showing page reads and sales. It's Book Report that has gone haywire; I nearly fainted this morning when I looked at yesterdays earnings and saw half of what it has been. I know one thing; I'm not paying $19 a month for only half the reports.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Doglover said:
Amazon reports are still showing page reads and sales. It's Book Report that has gone haywire; I nearly fainted this morning when I looked at yesterdays earnings and saw half of what it has been. I know one thing; I'm not paying $19 a month for only half the reports.
Amen to that.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Amazon changed the heading for the 'KU' column in the KDP reporting spreadsheet.  They've removed the words 'and KOLL', which will break any software looking for the original title.

·
Registered
182 Posts
It seems Amazon broke their own KDP Reports beta site too. Last evening, I had over $400 in earnings (orders + KENP). This morning, the KDP Reports site only registers $264 for the entire day yesterday, and $0 earned today (despite 16 orders). So they misplaced a few hundred dollars.

I'm sure Book Report will change the code today.

·
Registered
710 Posts
It's not Book Report, y'all--it's Amazon's servers. The page reads are showing on the main dashboard, but not on the historical and month-to-date tabs of the KDP dashboard. I suspect Book Report isn't showing the data because it's gone missing from Amazon's servers. When Amazon fixes it, Book Report will be able to display the data again.

Just saying. Direct those complaints to AMAZON, not Book Report. Book Report can't restore data that Amazon lost.

·
Registered
102 Posts
PermaStudent said:
It's not Book Report, y'all--it's Amazon's servers. The page reads are showing on the main dashboard, but not on the historical and month-to-date tabs of the KDP dashboard. I suspect Book Report isn't showing the data because it's gone missing from Amazon's servers. When Amazon fixes it, Book Report will be able to display the data again.

Just saying. Direct those complaints to AMAZON, not Book Report. Book Report can't restore data that Amazon lost.
Actually, no its not. Amazon changed a heading on a spreadsheet - the data is there, and shows up fine in both the Amazon KDP dashboard, and Beta reports dashboard.

Book Report needs to update its code.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
It's not just the Book Report undergoing an overhaul, it's also Amazon Advertising. My Campaign page this morning no longer has an ACOS column to show how effective are my sponsored products campaigns. Instead there's a new column, 'Return on ad spend (ROAS)'.

"The revenue you receive from your advertising investment. This is calculated by dividing sales attributed to your ads by your spend. Attribution varies by campaign type."

I would rather have the ACOS and read a percentage. Anyone else noticed this on their Campaign page?

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Simon Haynes said:
Amazon changed the heading for the 'KU' column in the KDP reporting spreadsheet. They've removed the words 'and KOLL', which will break any software looking for the original title.
This. Every time Amazon "tweaks" something, Book Report has to change to catch up to Amazon again. It usually doesn't take long. We've been seeing this sort of thing since BR started, nothing nefarious about it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My reports have been really slow all week.  Yesterday I got an extra 400 KENP added to my daily total well after the day had ended, and my reporting hasn't updated at all yet for today.  Figure Amazon is having issues again, happens at least twice a month.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts