Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here have a book-reviewing blog? I must have sent out 20 Emails or more to book review blogs and I have yet to hear a reply. My book will be having a free promo soon, and I wanted to get it more out there.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
nikkarina said:
Anyone here have a book-reviewing blog? I must have sent out 20 Emails or more to book review blogs and I have yet to hear a reply. My book will be having a free promo soon, and I wanted to get it more out there.
I have a list somewhere. I'll look for it. However, keep in mind that even if your book is accepted for review, it might take a couple of months before a review is published. Blogs are swamped with requests, and your book will be added at the bottom of the list.

G

·
nikkarina said:
You JUST published the book. Most review sites are backed up for months. You can't expect people to jump when you snap your fingers. ;D Heck, some of these places get so many submissions that you might not even get a yes or no answer for a week or two, and then it can take several months to get the review.

Patience, Grasshopper. :D This is a marathon, not a sprint.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Folks, I've removed a couple of posts.  We're not going to drag baggage from another thread here. 

Thank you.

Betsy
KB Moderator

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Folks, I've removed a couple of posts. We're not going to drag baggage from another thread here.

Thank you.

Betsy
KB Moderator
Hmm, busy day. That's like the fourth or fifth notch on the nightstick today.

Thanks for the link T.K..

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't have a book review blog, but I play one on TV, er, I mean I don't mind giving other member's books a read (if it's something I'm interested in) and giving a review (warning:  I'm a complete whore in some ways, but not when it comes to reviews - if I can't give you a good review, I won't give you one at all).  I definitely prefer to get your book during a free promo or have you gift it to me(I'm a cheap whore!), but if it's something I'm really into, I might consider actually buying it.  Obviously I have to pick and choose a little bit because I am busy writing and promoting my own stuff, and if I don't get to your book right away, I will try to get to it ASAP.  I don't even ask for you to return the favor (I figure kharma will work that out).  In addition to trading reviews being frowned upon by Amazon, everyone has different interests and tastes, so just because I'm interested in your book on geriatric tranny erotica, it doesn't mean you're going to want to read my historical fiction about golfball design. 

So, if you have a book that you'd like to submit to me for review, feel free to message me.  I'm not super-restictive, but I tend to like books with humor, action/adventure, mystery, erotica, and sci-fi themes.     

72 Posts
You just saved me a lot of work:)

Thank you so much!!!

Have a great weekend!

Filipa

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
fletcherbest said:
In addition to trading reviews being frowned upon by Amazon, everyone has different interests and tastes, so just because I'm interested in your book on geriatric tranny erotica, it doesn't mean you're going to want to read my historical fiction about golfball design.
Just went rushing off to get your book only to find it has nothing to do with golfball design. My hopes dashed again... :)

72 Posts
Sam Kates said:
Just went rushing off to get your book only to find it has nothing to do with golfball design. My hopes dashed again... :)
lololol

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
The quickest way to get reviews is to do a review tour - if you have fans/contacts you can set it up yourself, otherwise you should look around at some of the book blog touring companies that take your genre.  Is it horror?  I think I read that in the other thread - Try Bewitching Book Tours.

Edit to add - I just looked at your book and it's YA - so you could also try Xpresso Tours.  She had a BIG reach and hits your genre perfectly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts