Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I did a search but did not find anything about it on this board. I just found it and it seems like a kind of Facebook/Live Journal type
place for Kindlers! Very different from this board, does not seem as active. I signed up under "Cuechick" . I considered my Octochick, which
I have used for many years, but since "Octomom" is all over the news, I didn't want the association. ::) LOL!

Anyway, you can add friends like Facebook I guess, so if you join ad me. I also like that you have your own blog. I blog a little about my Kindle on my personal LJ but I can already hear the crickets while I type... :D it is hard to get it, if you don't got it! Y'all know what I mean.

http://www.booksummit.com/
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
I believe the guy who set up and runs that site was one of the early interviewees on the Kindle Chronicles podcast. I don't recall his name but you could find it by search the podcast archive. It was really early....like the 2nd or 3rd podcast.

L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,141 Posts
Leslie said:
I believe the guy who set up and runs that site was one of the early interviewees on the Kindle Chronicles podcast. I don't recall his name but you could find it by search the podcast archive. It was really early....like the 2nd or 3rd podcast.

L
I heard the podcast, and that made me check out the website. I joined a few months ago, but I'm not very active.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
The creator of the Kindle Social Network site is Abhi, and he was interviewed in the 13th installment of the Kindle Chronicles, which can be found at http://www.thekindlechronicles.com/page/2/. He also runs a really good Kindle news and reviews blog at http://ireaderreview.com/.

I've been a member over there since September and there are some really nice options like having your own personal page and being able to blog. If you do have the time I encourage people to stop by and check it out, but also understand how much time just keeping up with one can take.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
615 Posts
speters said:
The creator of the Kindle Social Network site is Abhi, and he was interviewed in the 13th installment of the Kindle Chronicles, which can be found at http://www.thekindlechronicles.com/page/2/. He also runs a really good Kindle news and reviews blog at http://ireaderreview.com/.

I've been a member over there since September and there are some really nice options like having your own personal page and being able to blog. If you do have the time I encourage people to stop by and check it out, but also understand how much time just keeping up with one can take.
What's your page over there?

Mine is http://www.booksummit.com/profile/Andrys

This is my main place now but I like to visit other places and see what other Kindlers are up to also.

It's not very active there, forum-wise. Harvey keeps a hopping place here (more than I can keep up with), and now he's got that excellent informational blog too, but I keep up with some threads over at Abhi's.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
67,245 Posts
I signed up over there but there was basically nothing happening.  When I found KB, I cancelled the BookSummit one. . . .

Ann
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
artsandhistoryfan said:
This is my main place now but I like to visit other places and see what other Kindlers are up to also.

It's not very active there, forum-wise. Harvey keeps a hopping place here (more than I can keep up with), and now he's got that excellent informational blog too, but I keep up with some threads over at Abhi's.
It's definitely pretty slow but I've made some good friends over there and am also starting to use the blog feature. I'm sorry to hear that Ann cancelled, but was glad to see Cuechick joined. I've been trying to stir up more activity over there, since it seems like there is woefully little discussion for a board with 850 members.

Of course, my whole experience has been the exact opposite of those who started on KB, as I've been over there for a while and just came here and it's a bit overwhelming! :eek:

I will definitely check out Harvey's blog now that you mention it. I'm still finding my way around here. I feel like I was cruising one of William Least Heat Moon's blue highways and then hopped onto a super-busy Interstate. But I'll opt for both as long as I'm enjoying the ride.

My KSN page is:
http://www.booksummit.com/profile/StephenPeters

Stephen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
615 Posts
LSbookend said:
I just about never cancel places made with care. But I take advantage of the better features of all when I can. When I was new at booksummit (not that long ago, just after Xmas), my first interaction was with Craig Unger, whose participation in Michael Moore's documentary 'Sicko' I remembered well. He was wondering, as a journalist, he responded, what effect the Kindle will have for journalists like him.

Stephen, nice to see you here. Yes, I do like speedy infohighways! as well as the slower, more countrified ones where we can slowly look at the view and folks along the way. As I mentioned, this is my first place.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top