Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -

I have some experience with youtube videos and find that most views come through facebook postings.

Due to youtube's more restrictive views on promotion, I have considered using FB's video app to load book trailers.

Has anyone used both? What are the pros and cons of using one over the other?

Thanks!

·
Registered
598 Posts
I had no idea that book trailers existed before I finished my first novel a few weeks ago. I made one for my book, thinking I was being all cutting edge and doing something no one else had thought of. I put it on youtube, called it an "ad" and I haven't had any complaints from the site about it. It almost seems like a parody, though, because I decided to be very tongue-in-cheek with it, praising myself as a "master of the genre" and I even used a "quote" that is attributed to no one. I got the idea for using a "quote" when I was going through a McDonald's drive-thru and there was a sign advertising some new chicken sandwich, and it just had four stars in quotation marks underneath the picture. It made me laugh, because I'm a weirdo. Who gave it four stars? McDonald's? Lol. I thought it was great, because its just so absurd. As Steven Tyler says, "Fake it 'till you make it." ;D I just composed a short piece of music, put everything in Windows Movie Maker and threw it together in about an hour. Then I signed up for this board and saw that everyone else was doing trailers, too. So much for my "innovative idea." ;D

·
Registered
12,227 Posts
I've used both Youtube and Facebook to share trailers but don't know which is more effective. Neither seemed to do much for me, so I've stopped doing trailers, at least for now.

·
Registered
586 Posts
JCool said:
Hi -

I have some experience with youtube videos and find that most views come through facebook postings.

Due to youtube's more restrictive views on promotion, I have considered using FB's video app to load book trailers.

Has anyone used both? What are the pros and cons of using one over the other?

Thanks!
I guess my question is are trailers good sellers. One thing I know, I post my blog entries on FB and no one, aboslutely no one, clicks and comments. It's like "oh another blog, pass," but if I start a weather post or political comment, boy, I get thirty comments in a half an hour.

·
Registered
556 Posts
You should be fine to post on both. I had no idea youtube was stopping this. If it still works, I don't see why you shouldn't upload it to youtube as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts