Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so all you guys with Bookbub experience - how long should a book be kept free (KU promotion) following a Bookbub featured free deal? Any advice on the optimal time? Two days? Three?

·
Registered
12,220 Posts
I set the book free a day in advance in case there are any complications with the price change. The Bookbub hits on day 2, the lift stays high on day 3, and gently drifts downward on days 4 and 5. I used to stack a few ads around the Bookbub to prolong the effect, but other advertisers have become so weak for me these days that I don't bother stacking anymore.

So, minimum of three days for best effect. No harm in taking the extra 2 as well, if you have no plans to use them elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
All five days.

You did it to achieve some advantage, right? Why would you end that advantage any sooner than necessary?

For permafrees, I see positive effect for nearly a month. If I were in KU and they gave me 30 free days, I'd leave it for 30.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Small sample size, but I did a 3-day first and sold 1800 copies of one book. A year later I did a 5-day of the same book and sold 2200 copies. So not much difference per day, but I stayed sticky at about #7000 for months on the second. The first drifted within a couple weeks to about 20k before sticking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts