Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are BookBub Featured New Releases worth it these days?

I'd like to launch a 3 book box set at 99 cents in the New Adult romance category.

And are they hard to come by? (Used to get a book featured - regular deal - once every 6 months or so.)

Also what do they consider a new release based on months since release?

·
Registered
855 Posts
I've never done one, but I've never seen anybody say anything very positive about Featured New Releases.  It seems like everybody who does them loses money on them.  Do a search here and you might find something more, but my sense is that it's most likely not worth it.  A regular featured deal is a better bet if you can swing one, but those are hard to get, especially without any reviews...

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I am doing a featured new release (pen name) next week within a small category which has about 250k people.  Only cost me $80. It is a nonfiction book about 600 pages. I am keeping it at full price.  They say that full-priced books work better within this promo.  I am also making sure my paperbacks are available and linked before the promo.

Wide is also better within the promo as you have a better chance of making good money than if you just relied on Amazon.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the feedback so far.

Sounds like I would be better of to get an ARC team together again and just go for a regular bookbub deal instead of a new release one.

I'd price at 0.99 and would be an Amazon exclusive (KU).

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I haven't heard anything good about the paid new release promos. However, their non-paid emails to your organic fans are wonderful. If you are wide, make sure that you contact them pre-release to make sure they have all links, not just Amazon.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Looks like you're not eligible anyway, but for the record, I did a new release Bookbub ad for the last book I released and don't recall it making much of a blip. Certainly nothing to compared to a Featured Deal Bookbub.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I haven't heard anything good about the paid new release promos. However, their non-paid emails to your organic fans are wonderful. If you are wide, make sure that you contact them pre-release to make sure they have all links, not just Amazon.
Completely forgot about the non-paid new release emails. Thank you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts