Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're doing your first Bookbub should you go free or $.99 for best results? And does being in KU help or hurt?

Dee

·
Registered
283 Posts
It depends on objective. I usually do free and make money back on page reads (some will download through KU) and read through.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Trioxin 245 said:
It depends on objective. I usually do free and make money back on page reads (some will download through KU) and read through.
When do page reads start to show up? How long after the Bookbub? Also - do you have any way of estimating how many download through KU, as opposed to "buying" the free book?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Mine show up the same day and the weeks + months thereafter.

Not really that is I guess you could you figure out the number of downloads X, the amount of page reads Y, and more fancy maths to figure it all out.  The KU page reads are a bonus you are paying to introduce people to your work and in hopes they read further into your series/backlist.

I know some authors have not been able to score a BB being in KU and think it hurts their chances. I would assume it depends on genre among other things. I have never had a problem.

·
Registered
575 Posts
From what I've been told/experienced, Free is by far the better option for a series, 0.99 is much better for a standalone.

I went free on my first in series, and absolutely don't regret it. Made the ad money back in a couple of days.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gareth K Pengelly said:
From what I've been told/experienced, Free is by far the better option for a series, 0.99 is much better for a standalone.

I went free on my first in series, and absolutely don't regret it. Made the ad money back in a couple of days.
Thanks. Maybe I should have mentioned I was thinking of doing this for a standalone. This is what I wanted to know.

Dee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts