Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TL:DR: Can you run an Amazon Kindle Countdown Deal in one market (UK) while manually lowering the price in others (Australia, India, Canada)?

Situation:
I scored a Bookbub Featured Deal, but not in the US (got Australia, India, Canada, and the UK).

Kindle Countdown deals only work in the US and UK, so I have to manually lower the price in AU, IN, and CA. A Bookbub article (https://insights.bookbub.com/most-common-international.../) suggests that you must have the same royalty rate across all international regions, but a KCD retains the 70%. If I create a KCD for the UK, will it lock me out of manually changing the price in other markets the days I need for the Bookbub deal?

·
Registered
131 Posts
No. Your best bet is to do the countdown deal and run some other promos with it to help with US Sales (ENT, Fussy Librarian, etc). The last international deal I got, did pretty well with that strategy--and I ended up getting the US deal about two months later.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Good luck with the promotion. Let us know how it goes. If you come across any particularly good areas for UK promotion in support the Bookbub, it would be great to hear about them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
No. Your best bet is to do the countdown deal and run some other promos with it to help with US Sales (ENT, Fussy Librarian, etc). The last international deal I got, did pretty well with that strategy--and I ended up getting the US deal about two months later.
I'm in the same boat with a Bookbub international featured deal for the UK, Canada, Australia and India coming up soon. When you say do the countdown deal are you talking both US and UK marketplaces ? I thought a countdown deal was only available if the book's price was set for the 70% commission and not manually discounted elsewhere (which would stop me from manually adjusting the price in Canada, Australia and India).

·
Registered
74 Posts
No. When I do a .99 BookBub I lower the price manually. I'm looking for max sell through, so I'm willing to take the 35% royalty hit.
Yes, I can see the logic in doing that. I think I'll cancel the Amazon.com (US) countdown deal as there is no price flow through from that to the markets I need (Canada, Australia and India). I'm undecided about the UK countdown though, I have been in touch with KDP Customer Service as to whether the UK countdown can run independently of the manual price reductions for the other marketplaces and I'm not sure how to interpret their answers. Here's the last message I sent: to try and clarify what they were telling me:

"Thanks KDP Customer Support,
That is good news about the countdown deal on Amazon.co.uk not being affected by me manually changing the price on Amazon.ca and Amazon.com.au.
I had been told (not by anyone from KDP) that if I manually changed the price on other marketplaces the countdown deal for the UK marketplace would not take
effect. Glad to hear that this is not the case
."

This is the response I got:

" I’m glad everything worked out and appreciate you taking the time to write us.
I wish you the best with your projects!
Thanks for using Amazon KDP
, "

1 - 6 of 6 Posts