Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously, I'm a brand new member here, because I'm certain that most of you know what those terms mean. I am hoping to get some information here regarding how to more effectively market my MG/YA novels. I currently have them on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and I'm using Draft2Digital to distribute them to Kobo, Page Foundry, iBooks, and Tolina, or something like that.

Can anyone tell me what BookBub is and what Permafree is? I'd like to do a freebie on Book 1 in my Treasure of Morro Bay series in order to get readers interested in buying Book 2, which will be out in April. I don't know how to make my book free on Amazon without using their Kindle Select feature, which I can't do because I'm offering my books on other sites.

Help! I would love to know how the rest of you market your books and what works, and what doesn't. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Hi, welcome to the boards!

Permafree - you can set your book free in Kobo/B&N/iTunes via Draft2Digital and once it's listed as free send an email to Amazon and ask them to price-match it. Sometimes they do, if not, wait a bit and email again until it works.

Bookbub - a service that emails book deals to readers. If they accept you, you pay for the privilege of running an ad - and typically make your money back plus more.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, I'm guessing the permafree isn't really "permanently free" ? Is it just a method to get some exposure, some downloads, and perhaps some reviews? Am I correct that you can change it back to a specific price (higher than $0.00) at some point? Is this a beneficial option for a new release?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts