Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always like seeing other people's actual results, so thought I would pay it forward.

I was accepted in the Parenting category, which is relatively new, for my book "Yes Mommy: The Mayhem and Madness of Not Saying No." (It's a humorous memoir about the month I stopped saying "no, don't and stop" to my three young kids. It was published last May and had 31 reviews with a 4.8 average on Amazon. It's enrolled in Select. It was previously turned down in July for the general non-fiction category.) I didn't even know the Parenting category existed until I read the Kboards chat with the BB people, so thank you for running that!

The Parenting category has 150,000 subscribers and it was $60 for a 99-cent book ad. I combined this with a Kindle Countdown deal, so I still received the 70 percent royalty. I also ran a BuckBooks and Fussy Librarian ad on the same day, two days before BookBub (45 sales, 1 borrow that day -- I attribute most of the sales to Fussy Librarian, in case you were wondering). As you will see below, the Book Bub ad more than paid for itself, so it was a success, and I moved a decent amount of books. But I didn't get out of the 700s in the overall paid store, which was the only bummer.

Any questions? Happy to answer!

Day 1
203 sales, 4 borrows
Highest ranking was 797 in overall paid store
My category ranks to end the day:
#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Humor & Entertainment > Humor > Parenting & Families
#2 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Parenting & Relationships > Family Relationships > Motherhood
#4 in Books > Humor & Entertainment > Humor > Parenting & Families

Day 2
45 sales, 6 borrows
Highest overall ranking was 1,254
Maintained #1 and #2 in Kindle category rankings

Day 3
29 sales, 6 borrows
Highest overall ranking was 2,027
Went to #2 in both Kindle category rankings

Day 4
22 sales, 3 borrows
Moved to #2 and #5 in Kindle category rankings

Day 5 (price back to 2.99)
0 sales, 1 borrow
Still in top 10 in both subcategories

Day 7
2 sales, 1 borrow
Still in top 10 in both subcategories

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Thanks for sharing! And congratz on the sales.

·
Registered
751 Posts
We miss you, Harvey Chute.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts