Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so another Bookbub question... I have a featured deal coming up, and I know they send their email out around 8-9 a.m. EST. But does anyone have any info on when the bulk of (free) downloads happens? Do most of them come right after the email is sent? Or are they more evenly spaced throughout the day?

·
Registered
128 Posts
The heaviest period will be right when the emails are sent out, but you won't see the sales rank reflected to show this until around 4 or 5 PST. You will see mass purchases throughout the day (and week), however. Congrats on the deal!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Congrats! I had one six months back (ready to apply again now, woop!) and it was so fun.

You will see downloads all day, and the next day, and they will keep coming in dribs and drabs for a long time to come. Enjoy!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I see about 40 percent come in the first three hours and the rest throughout the day. Don't forget to update your back matter ;)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! Is the email really sent out first thing in the morning, EST? Or does it depend on location? Are those forty percent before noon EST?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And also - if your book is also in KU, do the KU downloads count towards free book ranking on Amazon? And does Bookbub have any way of accounting for them in determining the success of the promo?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I can’t remember what happens with KU, but I think it counts. BookBub does not provide performance insights / analytics unless you ask. It’s not detailed, but they’ll tell you how many people clicked it so you can calculate the success of the clicks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts