Kindle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BookGoodies.com has a network of sites we are running where you can post your books, about your free books (not just Amazon or Smashwords), your Bargain Books, submit an Interview and more.

Our book posts include a place for authors to list ALL the places their books are for sale, not just Amazon.

Authors, here are your free submission opportunities:
Authors: Tell Us About Your Book - Free to list your book, with paid upgrades available
Tell Us About You as an Author

We have a bunch of advertising opportunities but try to keep as much of our promotion low or no cost as possible.
Advertising Options - SPECIAL KBOARDS COUPON CODE: Really easy - KBOARDS code will give you 35% off any ad on BookGoodies.com that has a coupon box.

Expand Your Mailing List with our Mega Submit Service and BookGoodies Home Page Ads.

Please let us know what other kinds of promotion you are looking for, what other services we can offer authors and readers.

Please note that we do feature full price books for sale anywhere you have them for sale, and in whatever format you have them available. We are not Kindle/Amazon only, as a matter of fact many of our newsletter subscribers and social media followers are looking for books available at Barnes And Noble and iTunes.

·
Registered
245 Posts
This is very interesting. Thanks! I'm almost ready to publish my first book, so I'm checking out promotion possibilities (which is a nice way to say that I have very little idea of what I'm doing).  :-\

I'll check out these sites!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
How often do you update the smashwords section? I sent details of my book last week and the page hasn't changed since then, it's still the same posts on it :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Annette_g said:
How often do you update the smashwords section? I sent details of my book last week and the page hasn't changed since then, it's still the same posts on it :)
We are all caught up now, sorry about the delay. There are a few that are scheduled because the offer hasn't started yet.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Ah, thank you, mine has appeared now too :)

I'll have to think of some more things to submit, such as your interviews etc.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Highly suggest you take up Deb on these opportunities before they're gone!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
New tool for authors!

Universal Amazon Linking Tool - We don't add an affiliate link, it's just your link directly to your book. The link redirects to whatever Amazon country site the person clicking is in. So you don't have to post the .com/.co.uk/.ca or any of the other links to your book, just this one link.

No sign up necessary, just add your Amazon ASIN to the form on the page and it will give you your link.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We had to remove the part where we were pulling information from Goodreads, something changed with them and it was causing issues, plus not always showing the right author info.  :(

However I want to point out that there are a plethora of new sites that are charging for memberships for authors to post their books.  These sites do not have the traffic levels of BookGoodies and some are charging outrageous amounts to list your books.  Please remember that you can list all of your books, you can post an author interview and many other things on our site at no cost to you.

Watch what you are paying for, you want to get value for your hard earned dollars.  We have advertising available but you don't *have* to pay to list your book or yourself on our site.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Since there is a lot of talk about sites that only promote your books on Amazon, I want to remind the authors here, and the readers looking for books, that BookGoodies gives you spots to list all the sites your book is for sale at. Our free book listings are not limited to Kindle, nor are our Bargain Book listings.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Some announcements for BookGoodies headed into 2015:

1. Our book submission posts (which don't cost anything to post to our site) now include a spot for you to include links to your Audiobooks if you have them. We also now do require an Author interview, but again, we don't charge for those. If you have a current book post but it is a couple years old you might want to submit a new one and we will replace the old listing with your new listing.
http://bookgoodies.com/contact-us/authors-tell-us-about-your-book/
http://bookgoodies.com/contact-us/author-self-serve-interview/

2. Author Surveys!
Please Spread the word! We want to know... so we can help out...
Here at BookGoodies we want to know what readers want and also what authors do to get readers, what resources they have to offer and what other things they are doing. We have a social media survey also, authors please fill out both! Tell us your favorite writing blogs, podcasts, promo sites (Yes we know BookBub leads that parade :) ) and a bunch of other stuff. Help us help you and others!

http://bookgoodies.com/author-survey/
http://bookgoodies.com/authors-and-social-media-poll/

3. Are you going to TFOB in March? (Tucson Festival of Books) - 2015
We have a booth full of authors signing books plus swag bags for the first 1000 folks to stop by. The link below has the info plus the list of attending authors link is on that page as well. If you are going to be around, we are booth number 112 down by the Arizona Daily News! They are expecting 130k visitors, last year they had 120k. That's alotta readers and authors!!! Hope to see you there!

http://bookgoodies.com/advertising/bookgoodies-tfob/

We are really proud of the sign we developed for our booth:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

BookGoodies MEGA Submit Service

Are you tired of having to go to multiple sites in the BookGoodies Network and creating memberships or submitting your book to each one individually? We came up with a solution!

Who this is for:

Authors who want to grow their email lists - what other sites let you include a link to your newsletter sign up form?
Authors who have books that qualify to be on multiple sites in our network
New Launches
GREAT for Blog Tours - all your author information in one place to go on at least 5 sites
Get your catalog of books noticed
Long term book discovery - not just a one hit wonder
Authors who need to save time
Great for regular priced books, permafree books, audiobooks, print books, permabargain books (A permabargain is an ebook priced under $3 permanently, and print book priced under $7)
Books on multiple platforms - you get to list all the places your book is for sale
Box sets and Anthologies that will be *permanently* available
Permafree books for lead generation to your email list and to introduce readers to your writing style

Click to see the links to all the sites where you book could be listed.

Not ready to fill out the form or is your book not published yet? There is an option to prepay to get current pricing and to use an exclusive coupon for Kboards. :) (Scroll to end of post)

Who *isn't* this for:

Kindle Scout Campaigns
Short term promotions - either free or bargain
Authors who need their books posted on a specific date
Box sets and anthologies *that have a short life span*. This is for permanent book listings, not for books that will be removed from sale.

What you get:

All books will be permanent posts on all the appropriate sites. You pick the price, format and genre package that fits your book.
All books will go on at least 7 sites - 6 general and at least one specialty site, one site that is exclusive to this service.
All of the information about your book on one page you can then promote to your readers
*Geotargeted Amazon link* - that means one link that redirects to the correct US or international Amazon site for your readers. You don't have to list out all the Amazon sites individually!
Exposure on all the appropriate sites in the BookGoodies Network without additional costs
Exposure on all the associated social media and newsletters that go along with all the sites your book is listed on with *ongoing promotion to social media*
Book page that lists all the places your book is for sale, ability to include a book trailer, book excerpt, link to your author website, author mailing list, and will encourage readers to follow you on Amazon

How much is it?
We have an introductory price of $99 for submitting your books to all the appropriate websites in our network. In the future the price will be higher for specific genres, such as romance and erotic romance.

Submit Your Book or prepay and use coupon code KBOARDS to get 35% off any advertising on BookGoodies.com including the Mega Submit. This coupon is going to be good for the month of January 2017. Once you submit one book there is a coupon code you can use to submit additional books.

This isn't for everyone or for every book, so please be aware of the intent before you purchase :) This is for serious authors who are looking for a permanent book listing and profile page. It is not a quick hit promo that will get you thousands of downloads in one day and it isn't a guaranteed on a specific date promotion. Purchasing individual promotions, listings and memberships on the included sites would total over $500. You can however go to the sites and book just one if you choose to :)

The list of sites is here.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I hope your holidays went well and you are looking ahead to 2020. Make it the year that readers can find you. :)

Head over to InterviewsWithWriters.com and add your interview to our site.
https://interviewswithwriters.com/interview-submission/

The confirmation page will have links to our other sites that offer author interviews as well. But start here - readers are looking for you!

All the best in 2020,
Deborah Carney
BookGoodies Network of Sites for Book Lovers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts