Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to do that? I've never posted on the thread so I can't look up through the post I made. There's a thread I would like to keep it so I can go back to it time to time. The thread I'm thinking is "Books recommended by our members - December 2008". The way new post start in this board, I'm sure this thread will be pushed back so far it will be hard to find.  :eek:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Shizu said:
Is there a way to do that? I've never posted on the thread so I can't look up through the post I made. There's a thread I would like to keep it so I can go back to it time to time. The thread I'm thinking is "Books recommended by our members - December 2008". The way new post start in this board, I'm sure this thread will be pushed back so far it will be hard to find. :eek:
I think that's what the "notify" button is for, near the reply button but I'm not 100% sure.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chynared21 said:
I think that's what the "notify" button is for, near the reply button but I'm not 100% sure.
Notify only work if there is a new post I think. The thread is already locked so... this won't work??

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Shizu said:
Notify only work if there is a new post I think. The thread is already locked so... this won't work??
Yes, it'll only work on a new post in the thread you're following but it won't help if the thread is already locked. Not only that...I can't see the notifying working for a busy thread...it comes as an email and that would bug me.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
You can bookmark any thread, it has a URL.  Go to the thread you want to bookmark, in this case the December Books Recommended by our Members, and then bookmark it like you would any other site.  I've got one of the threads about screensavers bookmarked as I refer to it fairly often when people ask me about screensaves.

Betsy

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was wondering if I could bookmark within the board because I use IE and sometime Firefox when I have problem with my IE. And I also use other pc when my daughter needs to use my pc.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
I don't think so, but if you remember the name of the thread you can always search for it.

Ann

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Shizu said:
I was wondering if I could bookmark within the board because I use IE and sometime Firefox when I have problem with my IE. And I also use other pc when my daughter needs to use my pc.
Nope, but you might try something like Foxmarks to store a free copy of your Firefox bookmarks online.
http://www.foxmarks.com/
It syncs my bookmarks on all the computers I use regularly with Firefox, plus I can access them online if I'm at a friend's computer.

Betsy

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Betsy the Quilter said:
Nope, but you might try something like Foxmarks to store a free copy of your Firefox bookmarks online.
http://www.foxmarks.com/
It syncs my bookmarks on all the computers I use regularly with Firefox, plus I can access them online if I'm at a friend's computer.

Betsy
Thanks Betsy. I'll take a look on Foxmarks. My main browser is IE and now days I have so many problem with it, I'm thinking of changing it to Firefox.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts