Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the kindle automatically remembers where you are in a book.....what's the point of "dog earring" the page? And if you do dog ear the page- do you have to "un-dog ear" it when you continue reading so you don't have multiple "dog earrings"?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I think the difference, and I'm guessing, is that you dog-ear if you think you want to refer back later -- if there was something significant there rather than it being where you left off. Again, guessing.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
I bookmark pages before I hand Tavar over to someone to try. In some books it can be helpful to bookmark locations with important dates or names in them. Although I prefer highlighting names and dates and checking my notes page.

If you have two people using the same Kindle the bookmark is handy. Some folks who fall asleep with their Kindles probably bookmark when they are getting tired because they know that there is a chacnet hat they will skip ahead pages while drifting off.

G

·
I use the bookmark when I know I am going to have to close my Oberon cover. It has a tendency to wake up my Kindle and page forward or backward before going back to sleep. If I have a bookmark set, no problem finding my place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts