Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I like selling books as much as every author here, but I also enjoy helping people. My mysteries, Taxed to Death and Fatal Encryption explore my interest in white-collar crime, and I spend a fair amount of time trying to keep up what's new in the world of fraud, computer hacking, and ID theft.

One of my three blogs focuses on bizarre, outrageous, and occasionally quirky stories in the world of white-collar crime. I also offer tips on how to prevent ID theft, or what to do if you've been victimized. Such is the case with this week's blog which you can read at www.authorsden.com/debrapurdykong. Once you reach my page, just click on My Blog and you're there.

Thanks,
Debra

"Fatal Encryption is the type of book that makes you long for the next in the series as you approach the end--a page turner with more depth thanb most." Julie Ferguson, Author of Book Magic

"Taxed to Death is a superb mystery of plot twists and turns. A masterpiece of suspenseful storytelling." Jim Cox, Midwest Review

Thanks,
Debra

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi again,

I've just posted this week's white-collar crime blog at www.authorsden.com/debrapurdykong. Once you reach my page, just click on "My Blog". The topic this week is "Desperation and Fear Growing in Tough Economy". I focus on an interesting survey discussing how a poll showed that most Americans are now more afraid of identity theft than terrorism. I also feature a couple of true stories about the desperate measures some people are taking to avoid bankruptcy, and it usually involves defrauding insurance companies.

If you're interested in reading more, please check it out, and note that some of my previous blogs feature great tips on how to avoid being victimized by ID theft, and what to do if it happens.

Take care out there.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Geez, I'd forgotten that I'd started a thread on books and blogs here, so I've been posting info on the Welcome and Introductions (mystery writer from Vancouver, British Columbia) thread. Sorry about that. If you're interested in this week's installment, which is about ID theft, you can either pop over to the Welcome thread to find out more detail or simply visit http://tinyurl.com/dbe5rp. I try to keep my blogs short.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi everybody,

I've just posted this week's white-collar crime installment at http://tinyurl.com/dbe5rp. The topics are travel tips to keep people safe from ID theft and an interesting survey I read that claims women are more frequently victimized by ID theft than men. Hmmm.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi again, everyone,

I've just posted the latest installment of my white-collar crime blog. This week's topic provides a couple of examples of ID thieves who've been caught defrauding people and institutions at the expense of innocent people. The first example's especially disturbing because the crooks recruited bank employees to collect personal data from customers. Yikes!

Also, I came across an interesting study focusing on ID theft victims. Did you know that in 2008, the average victim wound up spending $739 to fix the mess left by the crook? He also invested nearly 60 hours of time, but the situation was a lot worse for others. To read the blog and find the link to the study go to http://tinyurl.com/dbe5rp

Thanks,
Debra
Fatal Encryption
Taxed to Death

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
This probably belongs in the Book Corner...

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
akjak said:
This probably belongs in the Book Corner...
Hi there, I started in the Book Corner, but the moderator moved me to "Let's Talk Kindle". Today, I discovered that I've been moved from "Let's Talk Kindle" to the "Book Bazaar". All things considered, I'm a little dizzy. ???

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Debra thanks for the blog...I find this info most helpful...I would like to ask if I could pass your blog site to some people that are not on this board (my girls) thanks for your time   vw

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
vikingwarrior22 said:
Debra thanks for the blog...I find this info most helpful...I would like to ask if I could pass your blog site to some people that are not on this board (my girls) thanks for your time vw
Yes, of course you can pass the blog along to anyone who might be be interested, and thanks for reading!

Debra
Fatal Encryption
Taxed to Death

1 - 9 of 9 Posts