Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I haven't been on the forum in a long time, but here I am again... I have a bunch of books on my Kindle that I did not get and when I click online it does not say that I ordered the book on such-and-such date. Lots of strange books! \

Is this common or is this a fluke, or what?

·
5,933 Posts
Welcome back, Ginny.

How many books are we talking about here? I could imagine one book turning up erroneously - these things probably do happen, but a 'bunch' seems unlikely. Are they in your archive or have they actually downloaded to your Kindle? Are they regular Amazon books? Does anyone else have access to your account or is another device registered to the account? Could someone have sent them via your Kindle email address?

How long have they been there? Have you been charged for them? If you have, then you'll need to call Amazon CS to get a refund, unless you're within the 7-day deadline to return them via your MYK page.

Sorry, lots of questions there, but it would help to know more details.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
To answer your question, yes! This is very strange.

I thought the same thing was happening with my Kindle Paperwhite when I first bought it. Until I realized that Amazon was using the bottom of my home screen to advertise ebooks that they thought I might want to buy! :)

·
Super Moderator
67,354 Posts
jruschme said:
By any chance is this a refurbed Kindle?

I've often wondered what happens to a pre-order which is being sent to a Kindle you no longer have.
That's an interesting thought -- though you'd assume Amazon would do a factory reset before sending it out again, even if the original owner didn't.

When I've pre-ordered stuff to kindles no longer on the account, they don't automatically get delivered anywhere, just end up in my archive/cloud. For books someone else ordered to get to the kindle, it would have to still be registered to the old account.

I'd ask: did you give someone access to your amazon account?

Or is there some way it could have been compromised?

Do you have other kindles registered to your account from which someone could have ordered books? That would include things like your phone or other tablets that have the kindle app. For example, if someone got ahold of your phone, they could buy books through the kindle app.

If it's none of the above, I'd get onto Amazon and see what they can tell you. . .if it was ordered through your account you should see them in the order list and you should have gotten confirmation emails.

You might also want to change your access password.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts