Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will books in this format work with kindle?  Sorry, I'm new and I have some micropay credits at Fictionwise and am trying to figure out if I can use them with certain books.

·
Registered
79 Posts
They can be made to work in some cases.  You have to run some scripts on them to get the Kindle to recognize them.  You also have to register your Kindle's pid with whoever you are gettting the books from.  Done this way it does not defeat the DRM it only allows the Kindle to properly recognize the files.  You can find information on doing this on mobileread.com in the Kindle section.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
akw4572 said:
Will books in this format work with kindle? Sorry, I'm new and I have some micropay credits at Fictionwise and am trying to figure out if I can use them with certain books.
Fictionwise has books that will work on the Kindle and they will even email them to your Kindle. They have all the instructions for what you need to do.

http://www.fictionwise.com/help/kindleFaq.htm

L

·
Registered
79 Posts
This is very refreshing...

"Why Does Fictionwise Support Kindle When You Have The Competing eBookwise-1150 Device?

Fictionwise has always believed in consumer choice. That's why our MultiFormat eBooks support every major device, including many legacy devices such as eBookman and Hiebook.

We have our own device, the eBookwise-1150 which we sell through our sister-site eBookwise.com, and we think it's a great choice for many people. But we recognize that different customers have different needs and preferences. "

I wish all vendors would do the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts